Discuss 10 year warranty on Ravenheat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

no wouldnt fit but to be honest the old ravenheats were really good till the got to be around 9 or 10 years old thats when the problems started, not seen any newer ones as most of the guys near me fit worcester or vaillant

That wasn't really my point. If the boiler is £500 to buy, lets say it costs £100 (Could be more or less) to make and get to a retailer. If a new HEX is £50 to them as a spare, they've then got the costs maybe two engineers visits (one to diagnose, then a revisit to fit), the cost of the engineer and the running costs of the call centre etc. By the time you've finished you're probably into a minimum of a £200 repair. Get another call out to that boiler and you're nearly at a loss.

Thing is a lot of these smaller manufacturers dont use their own engineers they will use companies and pay them a fixed fee per breakdown and they will supply the parts. They also dont pay a huge amount I worked for a company years ago that did vokera and heatline some jobs they won on others they lost on if they had to go back to a breakdown they lost money. The smaller manufacturers also were very tight with parts and you had to send them back to be tested and if you installed 2 parts they argued every time. Where as the likes of Worcester just throw parts in if they suspect it could be that part.

Thing is a lot of these smaller manufacturers dont use their own engineers they will use companies and pay them a fixed fee per breakdown and they will supply the parts. They also dont pay a huge amount I worked for a company years ago that did vokera and heatline some jobs they won on others they lost on if they had to go back to a breakdown they lost money. The smaller manufacturers also were very tight with parts and you had to send them back to be tested and if you installed 2 parts they argued every time. Where as the likes of Worcester just throw parts in if they suspect it could be that part.

All Ravenheat guys are their own , I / you could ring a fault in now and they would be there tomorrow.
They have been knocked like hell over the years but they provide a service streets ahead of any other manufacturer in England .

Has John from ravenheat inspired you?
Went to his training course recently and was quite impressed with his boiler. For such a low price, you get all brass components inside, copper tube to EV, stainless steel HEX, easy access, no sharp edges, easy to hang. I'd chose that over WB any time.

You pay top money for some brands and get cheap plastic inside.

Also, Ravenheat manufactures components (can't remember which ones) for other brands (can't remember which ones too), so you do end up fitting their parts even though you may try to avoid them.

Reply to 10 year warranty on Ravenheat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had a new worcester bosch. 1000 combi boiler to replace 18yr old vokera. No problems with new boiler. Enquiring about yearly maintenance /...
Replies
Views
I think I looked into it a few years ago. That a modern 200litre unvented cylinder would need a higher litre expansion vessel then one that was...
Replies
Views
J
Hi. I moved in to a new build home and 3 years later (after the builders warranty expires) the boiler is slipping off the wall at one side...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Just about to order a Viessmann 100w. Comes with 10 year warranty. Or £190 extra for 12 years. The company I am going to use boiler hut, offer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock