Search the forum,

Discuss Portable site light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dickie

I bought this badboy, it's a bit lightweight but it's bright.
With Winter round the corner & for under 30 quid, even less from Plumbfix, i'll see how it holds up.
Rechargeable Portable Li-Ion LED Site Light 240V 10W | NoLinkingToThis

looks a good little light to me I have a standard cheep torch and a head lamp for inspecting and a few different 110v lights for working when needed but faffing about with wires all the time is a hassle so may look into getting a few of these myself!

It says 4hours charge gives 3hours use, but time will tell?? It is supposed to be a Li-ion battery, so charging it now & again should(?) be OK.
I was changing sink taps today & it was very bright in the kitchen unit under the sink.

As I said its a bit lightweight so will not stand a lot if on-site abuse. I'm happy with it though & will post an update in a week or so.
Thanks for reading.

As all my batteries are Makita, i have the spot lamp and fluorescent lamp, the spot lamp i have modded following this guide, it now will run continuously for 9 hours until it switches off, a 22 minute charge gives it another 9 hours, i have put a diffuser lens in it and you can easily work in a pitch black room no problem, if i hang the fluorescent lamp from the ceiling in conjunction, then it is like working in day light.

A 4 hour 4.4Ah li-ion charge is indicative of poor battery technology, if it even lasts the years warranty i would be surprised.

looks ok for keeping in the van/car as a back up.

most powertool companies will have led lights which are 10 times better then the std bulb types and they will run for 5-6 hours now. Most manufactures will have 5-6ah batts in the next year or so which should mean most torches/lights will be able run a full working day without needing extra batts.

i have several torches, makita, dewalt, milwaukee, etc...... the milwaukee m12 led light is what i use most of the time. gives enough light for lofts, whole small rooms.

Bosch even do a powertool case that has a site light built into it.

I also have the Makita Li-ion torch & fluorescent light. But I've not pimped my torch & the fluorescent light eats batteries. The cheapy SF light is better than both, light wise anyway. I also had both Makita torches replaced under warranty.
Good find Gas.

Good head torch! Light always where u want it to shine, ledlensor p7 torch is excellent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Portable site light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
I'm looking to get a new 240v work light if anyone can make any recommendations. it has to be LED as I don't want to be messing about with bulbs. I have a rechargeable LED 5w that is handy in lofts etc. Like this one; It is a bit flimsy and it's power lead is a thin a bell wire. I want ant...
Replies
Views
I had to seal around the bathtub after it sprung a leak. I only found out when the ceiling below started showing a damp patch. When I checked behind the bathtub, it was very wet and floorboards rotten, from what I could see faraway. Doubtless this leak had been happening for a while. Aren't the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have for sale: 1 x Makita combi 8444D MXT, 1 x makita driver 6347D 1 x18v Makita torch light. i always look after my equipment and the 3 peices are in immaculate condition. i hardly used them. will come with 3 batteries which are in excellent condition. i have always charged...
Replies
Views
ant78
A
MAKITA BML801 14.4 / 18 VOLT LITHIUM ION LED PIVOT HEAD TORCH LIGHT (BARE UNIT) | eBay Anyone got one of these? I feel as though I have to have it even though I have the older tube. Is it brighter and longer lasting??, the top bulb on my tube went ages ago but I don't miss it. Suppose would be...
Replies
Views
So you just bought or moved into the house, switched on the heating, and only some radiators are completely hot, while others are lukewarm with coldspots in the middle, and the gas/oil bill was massive while most rooms are struggling to reach even 18C and pose a heath risk? The previous...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock