Discuss Portable site light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dickie

I bought this badboy, it's a bit lightweight but it's bright.
With Winter round the corner & for under 30 quid, even less from Plumbfix, i'll see how it holds up.
Rechargeable Portable Li-Ion LED Site Light 240V 10W | NoLinkingToThis

looks a good little light to me I have a standard cheep torch and a head lamp for inspecting and a few different 110v lights for working when needed but faffing about with wires all the time is a hassle so may look into getting a few of these myself!

It says 4hours charge gives 3hours use, but time will tell?? It is supposed to be a Li-ion battery, so charging it now & again should(?) be OK.
I was changing sink taps today & it was very bright in the kitchen unit under the sink.

As I said its a bit lightweight so will not stand a lot if on-site abuse. I'm happy with it though & will post an update in a week or so.
Thanks for reading.

As all my batteries are Makita, i have the spot lamp and fluorescent lamp, the spot lamp i have modded following this guide, it now will run continuously for 9 hours until it switches off, a 22 minute charge gives it another 9 hours, i have put a diffuser lens in it and you can easily work in a pitch black room no problem, if i hang the fluorescent lamp from the ceiling in conjunction, then it is like working in day light.

A 4 hour 4.4Ah li-ion charge is indicative of poor battery technology, if it even lasts the years warranty i would be surprised.

looks ok for keeping in the van/car as a back up.

most powertool companies will have led lights which are 10 times better then the std bulb types and they will run for 5-6 hours now. Most manufactures will have 5-6ah batts in the next year or so which should mean most torches/lights will be able run a full working day without needing extra batts.

i have several torches, makita, dewalt, milwaukee, etc...... the milwaukee m12 led light is what i use most of the time. gives enough light for lofts, whole small rooms.

Bosch even do a powertool case that has a site light built into it.

I also have the Makita Li-ion torch & fluorescent light. But I've not pimped my torch & the fluorescent light eats batteries. The cheapy SF light is better than both, light wise anyway. I also had both Makita torches replaced under warranty.
Good find Gas.

Good head torch! Light always where u want it to shine, ledlensor p7 torch is excellent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Portable site light in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Back