1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss work/task light in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Captain cool

Captain cool New Member

I'm looking to get a new 240v work light if anyone can make any recommendations.

it has to be LED as I don't want to be messing about with bulbs.
    I have a rechargeable LED 5w that is handy in lofts etc. Like this one;
    image.jpg

It is a bit flimsy and it's power lead is a thin a bell wire.

I want ant something I can set up in a loft or airing cupboard that I'm going to be in all day.

2. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  3. Masood

Masood Guest

4. newcastle phill

newcastle phill Guest

I have a massive led torch that works of a motorcycle battery. It was expensive but will stay illuminated for 12 hours on full power

5. tolly

tolly Plumber

6. gmartine

gmartine GSR

^^ 4000 lumens is projector bright.

7. tolly

tolly Plumber

It is very bright but id take most quoted lumen figures with a pinch of salt.

8. newcastle phill

newcastle phill Guest

Its a nightsearcher 750[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

You and a light with a cre led, not one with lots of smaller leds. I have a 2000lum 18v Ryobi hybrid light from the USA which can also be plugged into the mains although I've never bothered to sort a lead out for it.

The 240v screwfix ones are good for the money, sparks on site has got one and it's good.