Search the forum,

Discuss General rant thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No how do they work??

You buy the holder which is a pen type thing and a pack of these rope type things which go in the pen. You light em with a lighter/ blowtorch/ on the hob, and then blow the flame out so they just smoke, last for as long as you want, 1 stick lasts for ages, when you have finished your spillage test you extinguish the cartridge completely and it is ready to be re-used next time. They are a little pricey but WELL worth the money IMHO. Don't think I'll ever use a match again.

Doing quotes and you know all the customer is doing is picking your brain . Get a txt 2 days later asking how much to sign off if her brother does the work !! Err yeah do one love

Is it just me thats noticed or are there a lot of ops at the moment who wont listen to a word anybody tells them because were not giving them the answer 'they' think it is. or get mardy when people are short with them because theve been told the same thing over and over again, then try and tell you why your wrong.!!

punters whom you get a small job off, then ring you all hours night and day to pick your brains, does my **** in.

A custard last week (engineering background) had drawn a boiler template on the wall he'd researched to tell me where and how to fit it (cos they dont come in the box do they), even told me the best place i should run pipework.And how to hang rads..He didnt realise the flue would go straight into the back of a cast stack....didnt plan for that did ya mouth. and heres my drill and level i'll be in the van.

Cutting into sink wastes that have never seen bleach, gimmi a soil pipe anytime!

pulling a ponytail lenth smelly hair clump from a showertrap before dinner.

The stench of some old traps, and the customer walks in an is all "Phhhhoooooorrr, that stinks".

I always think, imagine how I feel. It's your stench not mine!

The stench of some old traps, and the customer walks in an is all "Phhhhoooooorrr, that stinks".

I always think, imagine how I feel. It's your stench not mine!

Or if you have a sneaky poo it stinks the loo out then say "Blimey your drain smell a bit".

Idiots who put liquid ptfe or other jointing stuff on immersion heaters. Took a blowlamp and 18 inch stillsons to undo today trying not to pull the cylinder around...

That really kick started my hatred for it. Stuck under a "mobile home" for two days, in the cold, dark and wet replacing plastic pipe for copper using pushfit copper fittings!

Had to work on my back, amongst dead mice, droppings and try to shuffle about under the chassis which came as low as my chest!
two days how big was this caraVAN?

Some people are just tossers. In the pump house of a large domestic pool . We fitted two flat faced dc rads cost on rads was Ā£2k stripped and serviced his two combi boilers 28 cdi on around 45m of 22mm and his 837 with burned graphite seal blocked burner and at. 6 pm when I packed up he said but it's not fixed ? Said yeh I know should have taken better care of your money.

Heard him talking he's changing his Ā£68k car with SEVEN tho on clock at a loss of nearly Ā£20k . His wife's car was same at and getting swapped . Yet he spent best part of afternoon arguing with BT over Ā£2 rise in tarrif? His wife remarked on82p phone call cost to doctors! WTF. Can't wait to AR boilers for being undergassed! Also wants a PT quote ..... Oh 5kw that's Ā£20k

social housing. when did people have the right to let there gardens and house turn into complete 5h1t holes at the expense of the old couple next door who are flawless.. i'm sure years ago there used to be council inspectors who made you have respect for neighbors by saying keep it clean or F off. when exactly did self respect and empathy die..?

social housing. when did people have the right to let there gardens and house turn into complete 5h1t holes at the expense of the old couple next door who are flawless.. i'm sure years ago there used to be council inspectors who made you have respect for neighbors by saying keep it clean or F off. when exactly did self respect and empathy die..?

Spot on mate, some people are just happy to live in their own shyte these days with no regards to those around them or who's property they are staying in :(

Some people are just tossers. In the pump house of a large domestic pool . We fitted two flat faced dc rads cost on rads was Ā£2k stripped and serviced his two combi boilers 28 cdi on around 45m of 22mm and his 837 with burned graphite seal blocked burner and at. 6 pm when I packed up he said but it's not fixed ? Said yeh I know should have taken better care of your money.

Heard him talking he's changing his Ā£68k car with SEVEN tho on clock at a loss of nearly Ā£20k . His wife's car was same at and getting swapped . Yet he spent best part of afternoon arguing with BT over Ā£2 rise in tarrif? His wife remarked on82p phone call cost to doctors! WTF. Can't wait to AR boilers for being undergassed! Also wants a PT quote ..... Oh 5kw that's Ā£20k

Darras Hall ?

sick of telling people that trickle vents in their new patio doors aren't adequate for a back boiler or dfe.. or explaining theyve just stuck the cooker in the middle of the house having that conservatory built where the window used to be.

i wish people would look at Op's original calls for help before jumping on the the last engineers post (post upping, licking arse whatever) and turning threads into a circus..

People standing over you talking non stop while your trying to work,or asking you " How long do you reckon your going to be"???

Custards asking to borrow tools. Or custards bothering your wife at home when your at work . Even though u have told them to call office ..... That's why you have two dolly birds .

Having to play the euro millions to be in with a chance to win it, then start playing and not winning it! :32:

Going to a low pressure call out, topping up then having to find something to do in order to "look busy" so the customer doesn't get narked off and says "but it took you 5 minutes and I could of done that" justify the call out charge. Then even says I could of done that, it only took you 5 minutes! Well don't call me out on a Sunday night complaining your cold and can't wait till 8 on Monday!!!!!!,!

Dog owners who say "ooh you don't mind dogs do you". No i don't provided A: Don't expect me to let it lick me with that 'ive just licked my bum hole' tongue. B: Don't expect me to stroke it cos my hand will stink like a tramps fanny. C: I'm not its playmate for the day and get it away from my tools.

I often find dogs more pleasant than their owners, but I get your point with regards to the question.

Would it make a difference if I did have a problem? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk into a house with a dug, just ignore it and tell them to put it in the other room or freeze as you are allergic to dugs.

I often find dogs more pleasant than their owners, but I get your point with regards to the question.

Would it make a difference if I did have a problem? Lol

i'd stroke ya provided you dont lick your bum hole..

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet if you met a dug up the town and she could lick her rse you would be banging her brains out 10 seconds later:lol:

When you are called to do a service and it's broken.

A service is not a diagnose and repair, Oh and yes I understand that you want me out in 15 minutes because you have to pick up the kids.

3pm Friday
My boiler is not working, I've got no heating or hot water.

OK I'll come Monday morning!

But it's cold and I've had no heat for three days

Why are you calling on Friday afternoon then?

Well its the weekend coming up isn't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to General rant thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but donā€™t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock