Discuss ford transits a warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

our second van the trasheds off the road again a bolt on the gear selectors come loose,punched a hole through the gear box, basically the transits got 2 cables going to the gear selector on top of the box this selector seizes regularly and i have to remove it to free it up this time the old man was going to a job and lost all his gears i had to tow him back in the expert the bolt on the internal part of the selector had come loose and smashed its way through the casing however if this was at motorway speeds it would have caused the gear box to seize which in turn would snap the crank on the engine so if you own a transit and dont check this problem out you could lose your gear box plus the engine,luckily i got it to a garage to get the gear box removed to weld the housing but it still cost 200 quid you have been warned fellas

Cost my dad 1k for a new fuel pump.

is this the mk7 transit ? I'm having some work done on mine at the moment, seems problematic from what i've heard off a few mechanics

is this the mk7 transit ? I'm having some work done on mine at the moment, seems problematic from what i've heard off a few mechanics
the mk 6 the mk 7 has the gear stick on the dash AFAIK but it may well have the same design

I'm not looking forward to my fuel pump going - engine not starting well at the moment and I keep stalling it so I'm presuming this is a sign.

the bolt on the selector(circled) that does the damage download 1.jpg
theres a bit about it here
Ford Transit Forum

every van seems to have problems scudos lose the electronic dash and costs 800 to replace vw t5 clutch is 1400 to replace
vans are only built to get past the 3 year lease after that they dont care what the costs are
transits have changed to fwd and have had several gearbox problems best transits are the 350 rwd ones tried n ttested drivetrain

I'm not looking forward to my fuel pump going - engine not starting well at the moment and I keep stalling it so I'm presuming this is a sign.
possible but could be a sensor or some other issue try sticking some redex diesel cleaner in the tank see if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ford transits a warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

...and the new one start. only had xmas day off, works van went into limp mode on monday before xmas - needs new injectors - injectors seized in...
Replies
Views
Hi guys i currently have a transit 2.0tdi 2001 51 plate. Always been owned by plumbers so has partial racking could do with replacing though. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock