Discuss what van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you have just started se, the last thing you need is a large monthly payment dragging out your costs, its great having a nice big new ish van but so many times Ive seen them come and then months later go! this isnt the best climate to be buying esp if your kicking off on your own. but god luck with your choice and work

2k is what it could cost to put my van back right. I dont really want to spend more than about 5k with racking im considering options just terrified i will get something that needs work in 6 months. Citreon garage near me though has a relay in for 5k with low mileage on a 58 plate. Also looking at a 57 plate transit 2.0 swb near me with 90k on clock and a 57 vivaro with 68k on clock.

Out of those I'd have the transit. You will get some sort of warranty.

Thanks everyone i love the transits but had heard a lot of engine stories and obviously the rust issues. Relay just havent heard much except the speedo fault on older models. Everything seems to have issues now, hence why i didnt really want to have to change im guttered tbh.
Anyone got any knowlege over which engine is more reliable on the transit and what they are like when get into higher mileage i.e around 100k and beyond as most transits are coming in at that but i need something that will last atleast long enough to get established.

I have a swb meduim roof transit 110 bhp 260t 57 plate, done about 60,000 still going strong, just passed mot last week with no issues, have a test drive of the vans you have seen and see what you think. Got a tamed mechanic you can get an opinion from?

09 transit 97k on the clock putting it in for full service shortly as don't want to take any chances but so far so good

Just gave up my work van which was brilliant a transit 300. I dont really have any mechanic mates just a wanna be mechanic but he believes you should only buy vauxhall or mercedes. Just looking on van trader now

Vauxhall vans are renaults with different badges.

Citroen relay 07 reg. love it I've had it for 2 years its done about 80k nice and big in the back ,much bigger than a transit. In 2 years I have changed 2 bulbs and a fuse, brake pads, tyres.
I will get another when I'm done with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock