Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss whens this year gonna end..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

missplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
...and the new one start. only had xmas day off, works van went into limp mode on monday before xmas - needs new injectors - injectors seized in engine block - needs new engine. picks hire van up saturday, puncture monday morning, puts spare on, drove to Consett, van loses all its water. take it back to hire co., stone through the radiator chargeable repair £260, plus another £250 deposit on the replacemant van.
xmas eve our woodchip delivery truck ended up on its side in a ditch, £1800 for crane to right it. luckily no real damage, but has twisted a crank on our new blower unit. managed to get it going to make a few deliveries last week, new crank came from france so the mechanics in their wisdom decided to remove the old one by grinding the support bars out of the way. tried the new unit and it doesnt fit!!!!!!!!!!FFS. so truck back off the road for 2 weeks,
weve got 12 boilers crying for woodchips that ive been keeping going over xmas running around like a mad man with a navarra full of chips.
i want this year to end NOW....

the boilers are fine, they just dont like it when they dont get fed. so been shovelling chip around in the fuel stores just til i can hire a truck for someone to make deliveries. then i can breathe!!
before the next job starts in february

Injectors in an engine block sounds french! Nissan, vauxhall or renault. They were on watchdog for a scrap design

Yeah didn't the manufacturer agree to help sort the problem out?

Yeah if it is a renault, nissan, vauxhall they might help towards the repair, probs worth going to a proper dealer franchise

its a nissan primastar. we took it to the nissan dealer where we get it serviced and they are gonna try and get it done under warranty, apparently its a common fault. when we took the hire van back they claimed it left their place working fine therefore its something thats happened whilst in our care hence its chargeable. after lots of arguing on the phone to them, they have refunded the deposit on the replacement and have conceeded that the van hadnt been checked between hires, just cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to whens this year gonna end..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
This week..... We are a company that deals with ANY issue in houses and that means ANY issue...ATM we are installing lintels before our customer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock