Discuss Am I a bad customer / job magnet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it down to experience and bill them for the gas pipe, slate and trv,s.
Next time a customer seems peeved, ask them what's up, talk it through. It can save a lot of hassle and you can re assure them, or pack up your gear and go before your to far in.
As far as the flue goes, you won't do it again.

I f1@/73/ up big style I no I did but was sorting it out never had so many problems from one job I called a mate to help as I was sinking and he helped me but they thought I didn't no what I was doing they were quibbling the price all week and then said it was to much after agreeing and signing. I was going to do it for the materials because of the faults but nightmare

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear it, but realistically when you look at what the customer sees, rads not working, leak, flue fitted incorrectly, you can see why they have lost faith. Regardless of the real issues, the customers view on any problem is that it's your fault.

Chin up, sort it out however you can to limit the damage no matter what it takes, a bit of bum licking to save a reputation is worth it in the long run.

I see what you're saying, but if they have been difficult from the start then they have probably been waiting for something like this to happen and would have kicked up a fuss for any reason whatsoever.

If the boiler was left capped then its easy to prove, he will have a signed warning notice to prove he capped/isolated the boiler and advised not to use :)

If you issue a warning notice for a boiler you have just installed its really not going to look good, I cant imagine anyone doing that.

Put it down to experience and bill them for the gas pipe, slate and trv,s.
Next time a customer seems peeved, ask them what's up, talk it through. It can save a lot of hassle and you can re assure them, or pack up your gear and go before your to far in.
As far as the flue goes, you won't do it again.

The flue was a right royal f up I read the wrong point in the book and was under pressure due to the roofer time ect I thought I was right be realised after he had finished then the f up list was growing and I was far to deep I do a check list on every job before I commission and I said I need to get some flue bits and my roofers on his way and she exploded

I f1@/73/ up big style I no I do but was sorting it out never had so many problems from one job I called a mate to help as I was sinking and he helped me but they thought I didn't no what I was doing they were quibbling the price all week and then said it was to much after agreeing and signing. I was going to do it for the materials because of the faults but nightmare

They sound like awful people mate. Probably best to just get what money you can and right it off as an experience :)

i once had to fetch a bloke in to help me change a pump, I couldn't undo the pump nuts because I had a bad shoulder.

When the bloke came to help me, the customer refused to let me continue because he said I didn't know what I was doing :-(

some people are toss pieces mate and just like to be awkward.

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

You just have to suck it up, put right what you can, learn whatever lessons there are to learn and move on.

If you issue a warning notice for a boiler you have just installed its really not going to look good, I cant imagine anyone doing that.

If its dangerous then you haven't got a choice though have you.

You're right, it doesn't look good, but the rules are the rules.

Id write up any piece of paperwork, no matter how stupid I felt or looked, just to cover my backside.

I issued a uncommisioned ticket be she refused to sign. I left the fuse out and the boiler isolated but I dont no who's been there over the weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
I issued a uncommisioned ticket be she refused to sign. I left the fuse out and the boiler isolated but I do no who's been there over the weekend

If she refuses to sign then that her problem, as long as you log on the paperwork that she refused and kept your copy then your arse is covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I a bad customer / job magnet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock