Currently reading:
Am I a bad customer / job magnet

Discuss Am I a bad customer / job magnet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

Hi guys I'm having a nightmare of late !!!! I started a bbu to combi change over last Tuesday the customer was hardwork from hour one I dug up the floor buryed the pipes except the gas all done right. came back Wednesday there was an atmosphere a. Bad one so carried on pipe work trvs ect . Came back Thursday with my roofer we put the flue though a flat roof on the out building and it was pouring down with rain finished and took a look thought it didn't look right as there was a opening window 650 to the right in the mean time I had problems with the pipe work from the old bbu to the a.c only had upstairs rads working I left the boiler and gas left off so called a mate to come in on the Friday the atmosphere was really bad we found the pipe work problem which was a mess under the front room floor and then I had a pinhole in a brand new length of 28 mm copper !! I then took another look at the flue before I commissioned and turned on the gas and boiler realised it was wrong genuine mistake spoke to the customer she went mad !! And said leave we not paying so I turned off the boiler gas ect and left . She's called a family member who is a gas engineer and gas safe and said its wrong which I new but they say they can smell fumes in the bedroom !! I'm frantic I called gas safe yesterday and explained and they said I have to wait till the inspection then sort things after . I new this job was a complete nightmare since I started now it's just a f up thoughts please

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the nobs they get round. Had a joiner telling me we had fitted 60kw. Logics on a headder wrong! Cos boilers were joined together on one pipe

Its a proven fact that joiners and marble floor layers know everything about how boilers work!

in theroy you have not even done a complete gas installation, so gas safe should have no real comments apart from let you finish it tbh.

it would be nice to think an industry body would protect its competent members when a customer is a feking idiot.

some people just need there legs snapping tbh.

in theroy you have not even done a complete gas installation, so gas safe should have no real comments apart from let you finish it tbh.

it would be nice to think an industry body would protect its competent members when a customer is a feking idiot.

some people just need there legs snapping tbh.

Would be nice to think that but this is gas safe . Shall we pass a pot round or start a just giving page, GS probably get him sent down for 35 years!

hopefully his local inspector isn't a regulation fueled pen pusher with no real tool experience.Or common sense..

I put the flue 690 from opening window but relized before I commissioned turned on ect but customer went mad when I explained I had to call my roofer and get more flue. There was no extra cost but she went mad

Would be nice to think that but this is gas safe . Shall we pass a pot round or start a just giving page, GS probably get him sent down for 35 years!
that will not happen,they will invite pete to put it right

People like that want you to
A: do the job without any dust
B:do the job without any noise
C:do the job without any hiccups
D:do the job as if you weren't even there and didn't interfere with
their important lives
E:end up doing the job for free

Sorry to hear your having a bad time. Happens to all of us bar none. It can get you down but chin up. Try to remain composed when dealing with the custards and worse case scenario write the job off as experiance (but do try and get the money back for the materials minimum).

happens to us all, just had a cheque bounce down the road to be told to squat, not worth the hassle chasing a couple of hundred so note to self to lob her cats some cyanide and laxative next time I pass and look for the next job :)

I'd be chasing it. Not for the fact of the money (if you can afford to right it off) but purely for the principle of it. I always pay what I owe I should be payed what I'm owed!

Maybe I'm just a vindictive old git. Lol

I put the flue 690 from opening window but relized before I commissioned turned on ect but customer went mad when I explained I had to call my roofer and get more flue. There was no extra cost but she went mad

Says it all really, they wre just waiting for an excuse. Get at it for your money.

I'd be chasing it. Not for the fact of the money (if you can afford to right it off) but purely for the principle of it. I always pay what I owe I should be payed what I'm owed!

Maybe I'm just a vindictive old git. Lol

Spot on Millsy. Chase them till it hurts. Dont want a rep for being a soft touch. You want people saying that they couldnt believe you chased them for the last penny.

So I got a letter from gas safe saying they are inspecting the job within the next 2 weeks. The ( customer ) has said I can't be there

So I got a letter from gas safe saying they are inspecting the job within the next 2 weeks. The ( customer ) has said I can't be there

Oh dear. Sounds like they are playing you. Small claims court here we come.

Register the boiler to your address. As then they won't have warranty - also report it stolen?

Register the boiler to your address. As then they won't have warranty - also report it stolen?

They have said they don't want my boiler once it's inspected they are getting my boiler removed and replacing it with a different one

If they haven't paid and are obstructing you from collecting your property .......?

Get a letter sent ASAP to them stating that any faults found by gas safe will be rectified as soon as access is granted this will be at no extra cost. Also include the invoice for the job and state this must be paid upon completion.

If they are refusing to let you put right the work then they will be to blame you should be ok if it went to court.

It sounds to me like they are trying to frighten you into backing down. Don't do it stand strong try not to take it to heart and do it the legal way they could end up paying for 2 boilers! Lol.

They don't even want my boiler !! They said we are having it inspected then taking it out !!!!

Well inform them that if they or anyone else touches boiler they will be paying for it.

They are doing exactly that . I expect the family member is sore as they didn't get job and everything you have done and supplied is worse that ****e.

Wright to them say that once it has been inspected you will remove boiler, as you don't want them to be liable for any damage, as if they intend not to pay for it it is your property and they will be guilty of wilful damage and defacement.

Personally I would get a solicitor to write a letter, it may cost you £100 but means you remove boiler and it comes out in damaged. Vindictive family member probs trash it. Also take lots of photos.

Then once you have boiler it's time for small claims court and retribution. When the flue goes through same hole in roof - the one you admitted was wrong - riddor photograph and claim!

Get a letter sent ASAP to them stating that any faults found by gas safe will be rectified as soon as access is granted this will be at no extra cost. Also include the invoice for the job and state this must be paid upon completion.

If they are refusing to let you put right the work then they will be to blame you should be ok if it went to court.

It sounds to me like they are trying to frighten you into backing down. Don't do it stand strong try not to take it to heart and do it the legal way they could end up paying for 2 boilers! Lol.

you need to be doing this letter ASAP. get it tothe post office send it by Royal Mail Special Delivery (cost Around £6-7.00) but guaranteed delivery and can be used as evidence in court. deff keep the tracking no. receipt.

sending this letter shows to the judge in a small claims court that you have made every effort to put things right. therefore he will find in your favour should the cust who is a deff bell end wants to try and fight it in court. customers do have rights but so do you.

i also personally think that this cust has an agenda against youfrm the start. is the relative who is GSR a competitor or an employee for somebody else. might be worth trying to dig up some dirt on him if you can

The flue just needed 2 45 s and it would have been fine but we fitted it in the rain under pressure from these people and the roofers time ect I always treble check everything before I turn on commission ect but they went mad and told me to leave I feel really bad as less than an hour it would have been sorted. I think they had it planned and they were going to quibble not pick anyway Not happy and really lost what to do as they are blatantly just trying to get me into trouble with gas safe as they are removing my boiler the day after the inspection. !!!!

whatever you do .

dont stick your head in sand hoping this carp will go away as it wont, take decisive action now tell them you aint gonna back down. it may take you a while to get your money back going through the court but you will get your money back . just keep your chin and dont let them get to you otherwise they have won.

The flue just needed 2 45 s and it would have been fine but we fitted it in the rain under pressure from these people and the roofers time ect I always treble check everything before I turn on commission ect but they went mad and told me to leave I feel really bad as less than an hour it would have been sorted. I think they had it planned and they were going to quibble not pick anyway Not happy and really lost what to do as they are blatantly just trying to get me into trouble with gas safe as they are removing my boiler the day after the inspection. !!!!
this is the reason you need to get that letter in now ASAP.

it wont matter for shoot if they take the boiler out. but what does matter if your in it for the long haul of going to court is that you were prepared to put it right at your own expense. Court will side with all day long and the judge will take a very dim view if they wont let you put it right.

just in case they are expecting your letter and they refuse to accept it. in case of this put the letter in a small box so it doesnt look like a letter. then your covering all angles

As above absolute. And as i said earlier whether it helps you or not everything and i mean everything supplied by you on site is your property within the law until full payment for goods..court them i think youll be found in favor providing you start a paper trail registered delivery (there will be a refused to sign bit) asap.Worst case scenario, call there bluff and in writing after gas safe has been then say if their not happy you will happily pick up the boiler and all the copper etc...Don't leave them anything pal..

just in case they are expecting your letter and they refuse to accept it. in case of this put the letter in a small box so it doesnt look like a letter. then your covering all angles

That's brilliant I will definately be remembering that.

Its been in a week now no £££ what can I do they are trying to screw me aren't they

By the sounds of things yes from the start. By accident you gave them the reason but stick to the legal way you will come out smelling of roses they will come out out of pocket. Do you have it in writing that they want to keep certain things or was it a conversation? That proves they don't think you are completely incompetent. If you say in your letter that you accept responsibility of the flue which is incorrectly installed and that you have spoken to gas safe about it and are willing to put it right. You will take the sting out of their tail.

Stick your head in the sand you will lose everything and possibly they could go through claims to correct what you have done.

I would not worry about gas safe at all , as Tom said post 2 you left it all off !!!
However just be polite and try get money for materials and offer to hire someone who you can pay to sort it out !
Next time DO NOT take big job on your own ! Pay a experienced engineer to work with and help him out and learn from it !
Don't worry things like this happen , specially when you are not experienced enough (we all had some sort of trouble on the jobs )
I am glad you have made SAFE before you left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am I a bad customer / job magnet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock