Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester rsf burner insulation burning....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5isalive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Burner insulation was burning straight out the box. Stank and fga all over the place. Ends up brown front and back.

Replaced twice with same result. Worcester looking into it and getting back to me.

Ended up using some from one I took out.

uploadfromtaptalk1444713770073.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444713798274.jpg

It wasn't with a worcester but I had something near identical to this on a potterton suprima. Gas rate, burner pressure, inlet etc were all perfect. Few cracks in the insulation so I replaced them a few days later with genuine parts and when I switched the boiler on there was a horrible burning smell. Opened up the combustion chamber and the pads had turned from white to almost jet black. Called potterton and they said it was normal!!

How long ago?

My parts supplier said that they'd had a few like that and it was normal and they'd all do it. They'd spoken to a manufacturer of the panels and the material had changed.

Worcester said they'd never heard of it and would investigate so I've sent them back. Wait and see.

Thankfully this was in an outhouse and not inside their house as it properly stank after.

1-2 months ago. I actually called tech support twice to speak to a different person as I wasn't convinced but got the same answer.

seen the same on baxi 105s when you swap the cracked insulation panels, only started recently so I suspect they have changed the makeup of the new panels, just leave them to cook a while and the analizer readings settle down,

seen the same on baxi 105s when you swap the cracked insulation panels, only started recently so I suspect they have changed the makeup of the new panels, just leave them to cook a while and the analizer readings settle down,
Yes that's perfectly normal madam.

If you could just sort me out the money for the service whilst the smoke subsides.

well if smoke is pouring out of the casing, wouldnt you suspect a fluing issue?

Changed the insulation panel in a baxi solo he last week that stank of burning toast as the new insulation cooked off. Analysed ok though.

Does seem the makeup has changed for whatever reason.

I changed one a month or so ago and it was fine so must be fairly recently.

well if smoke is pouring out of the casing, wouldnt you suspect a fluing issue?
Or a fire. Not taking the ****. It just seems ironic that they get you there to fix/ service it and then you end up explaining away why it smells like it's burning.

Ferroli ones are the same, they go black and smell of burning. Spoke to their tech guys and they said it's normal for new ones as it's burning off a coating they put on them. Leave it run for 15min and they go back to white and readings go back to normal.

Changed vokera mynute pads the other month. It was the first time I'd changed pads.

Old ones were white and new ones turned jet black and that horrible smell.

Thought I done something majorly wrong lol this has cleared it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester rsf burner insulation burning....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock