Search the forum,

Discuss Trianco Eurostar 50 - 60 (S) oil burner riello motor problem in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new.

The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only to find that once removed it was actually the fuel pump that was stopping the motor turning therefore I then replaced the pump also. The controller was replaced only a few months ago. The burner then started up fine.....and I was feeling pleased that everything seemed to work. BUT once the stat turned off the burner (or even if it was turned down manually) the motor wouldn't run again and lock out occurred. The motor did feel quite hot. If left for a day, it would start up again but only until temp reached (or turned off) and will not restart (locks out). So (re the hot motor) I replaced the capacitor but the same thing happened. Checked the oil pressure and that is correct at 110psi.

So new motor, pump, controller (inc photocell) and capacitor installed, fan wheel is clean and unobstructed; when the motor runs at first start, it all seems to run well. Does anyone on here have any ideas on what I could try next?

Thanks in advance. JC

Just swapped those components and checked pressure in the pump - didn't touch the damper or anything else as yet. When fired up it seems to burn well - no smoking or fuel smells from the flue. I'll probably get a professional in now to check my work and commission it correctly.

All sorted now and running better than ever. Actually just removed and re-seated the pump with less tightened grub bolts (3 used to hold the pump in place in the motor) and this resolved my issue. My 28 year old boiler has been reborn

Reply to Trianco Eurostar 50 - 60 (S) oil burner riello motor problem in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock