Discuss Worcester rsf burner insulation burning....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if smoke is pouring out of the casing, wouldnt you suspect a fluing issue?

Changed the insulation panel in a baxi solo he last week that stank of burning toast as the new insulation cooked off. Analysed ok though.

seen the same on baxi 105s when you swap the cracked insulation panels, only started recently so I suspect they have changed the makeup of the new panels, just leave them to cook a while and the analizer readings settle down,
Does seem the makeup has changed for whatever reason.

I changed one a month or so ago and it was fine so must be fairly recently.

well if smoke is pouring out of the casing, wouldnt you suspect a fluing issue?
Or a fire. Not taking the ****. It just seems ironic that they get you there to fix/ service it and then you end up explaining away why it smells like it's burning.

Ferroli ones are the same, they go black and smell of burning. Spoke to their tech guys and they said it's normal for new ones as it's burning off a coating they put on them. Leave it run for 15min and they go back to white and readings go back to normal.

Changed vokera mynute pads the other month. It was the first time I'd changed pads.

Old ones were white and new ones turned jet black and that horrible smell.

Thought I done something majorly wrong lol this has cleared it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester rsf burner insulation burning....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
C
My parents house has a wood burning stove that is also connected to the central heating ( they have radiators and used to have an old boiler which...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock