Discuss Worcester rsf burner insulation burning....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5isalive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Burner insulation was burning straight out the box. Stank and fga all over the place. Ends up brown front and back.

Replaced twice with same result. Worcester looking into it and getting back to me.

Ended up using some from one I took out.

uploadfromtaptalk1444713770073.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444713798274.jpg

It wasn't with a worcester but I had something near identical to this on a potterton suprima. Gas rate, burner pressure, inlet etc were all perfect. Few cracks in the insulation so I replaced them a few days later with genuine parts and when I switched the boiler on there was a horrible burning smell. Opened up the combustion chamber and the pads had turned from white to almost jet black. Called potterton and they said it was normal!!

How long ago?

My parts supplier said that they'd had a few like that and it was normal and they'd all do it. They'd spoken to a manufacturer of the panels and the material had changed.

Worcester said they'd never heard of it and would investigate so I've sent them back. Wait and see.

Thankfully this was in an outhouse and not inside their house as it properly stank after.

1-2 months ago. I actually called tech support twice to speak to a different person as I wasn't convinced but got the same answer.

seen the same on baxi 105s when you swap the cracked insulation panels, only started recently so I suspect they have changed the makeup of the new panels, just leave them to cook a while and the analizer readings settle down,

seen the same on baxi 105s when you swap the cracked insulation panels, only started recently so I suspect they have changed the makeup of the new panels, just leave them to cook a while and the analizer readings settle down,
Yes that's perfectly normal madam.

If you could just sort me out the money for the service whilst the smoke subsides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester rsf burner insulation burning....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
C
My parents house has a wood burning stove that is also connected to the central heating ( they have radiators and used to have an old boiler which...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks I'm wondering anyone here, has any indepth knowledge on the Worcester Heatslave Combi Boiler. This boiler is quite old (2006) but it has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock