Discuss What does the internal bypass valve do in a Viessmann combi? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Could someone please explain what is the function of the internal bypass valve in a Viessmann combi and how its settings MIN/MAX or malfunction somehow would affect operation of DHW and heating?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 14.46.36.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 14.46.36.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 17
When the boiler switches from hot water to heating the water moving has to go somewhere when the diverter switches over

It’s set to x pressure so when the diverter moves the system increases pressure and the bypass activates

Should be set so under normal operation it doesn’t open

The MIN pressure seems to be around 140 mbar. But what ist the opening pressure in the MAX position? I cannot find this information anywhere.

Vaillant have a internal bypass ( on the primary circuit) on all their system and combi boilers, it is factory set to 250mar but is adjustable from a minimum of 170mbar to a max of 350mbar, it provides the minimum flowrate required by the boiler at reduced flow demand and pump overrun after boiler shutdown, Viessmann setting may be similiar.

Reply to What does the internal bypass valve do in a Viessmann combi? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am about to get the attached Viessmann 100-w heat only boiler with pump and diverter valve. Current boiler - Non Condensing System - OV...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem with Viessmann 111w I have a Vicare sensor and app. It goes like this : If I have a boiler in DHW only everything works as...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock