Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Vertical Flue Kit (Flat Roof) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmheat

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Never fitted a vertical flue on a flat roof before, I know what parts I need but does anybody have some advice regarding the installation of the flat roof penetration collar, more specifically, ensuring its weatherproofing?

Thanks all

Dan

what type of flat roof material have they used??
I would price for a roofer to properly seal the slate in as then should guarantee you any call backs from leaks in roof

I know precious little about flat roofs so could do with help identifying it. It's covered in stone chipping I know that much

could be felt , i got one next week to do so be getting a roofer to do that bit hassle free my friend

Ok, I'm a little nervous about it, but ok lol

I'll get a roofer in to seal the roof (will incorporate it into the quote), but would be fitting the vertical flue kit myself, so how do I fit the flat roof penetration collar? The flue instructions just say, "fit the collar"...wow...thanks!

if roof is bitumen/asphalt bed collar down using a waterproof mastic and seal down collar with more bitumen/asphalt.
for roofing felt, normal to bed collar down onto wooden subbase using mastic then refelt around the collar using fresh felt, some will just lay onto existing felt, and cover over leading to leaks.

similar for rubberised roofing felt. easiest roofing substrate is fibre glass, just clean it, mastic down and fibre glass over collar.

Don't spend money on a roofer for a job that takes 30mins max,, mike Jackson is right ,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Vertical Flue Kit (Flat Roof) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock