Discuss Vaillant Vertical Flue Kit (Flat Roof) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmheat

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Never fitted a vertical flue on a flat roof before, I know what parts I need but does anybody have some advice regarding the installation of the flat roof penetration collar, more specifically, ensuring its weatherproofing?

Thanks all

Dan

what type of flat roof material have they used??
I would price for a roofer to properly seal the slate in as then should guarantee you any call backs from leaks in roof

I know precious little about flat roofs so could do with help identifying it. It's covered in stone chipping I know that much

could be felt , i got one next week to do so be getting a roofer to do that bit hassle free my friend

Ok, I'm a little nervous about it, but ok lol

I'll get a roofer in to seal the roof (will incorporate it into the quote), but would be fitting the vertical flue kit myself, so how do I fit the flat roof penetration collar? The flue instructions just say, "fit the collar"...wow...thanks!

if roof is bitumen/asphalt bed collar down using a waterproof mastic and seal down collar with more bitumen/asphalt.
for roofing felt, normal to bed collar down onto wooden subbase using mastic then refelt around the collar using fresh felt, some will just lay onto existing felt, and cover over leading to leaks.

similar for rubberised roofing felt. easiest roofing substrate is fibre glass, just clean it, mastic down and fibre glass over collar.

Don't spend money on a roofer for a job that takes 30mins max,, mike Jackson is right ,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Vertical Flue Kit (Flat Roof) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock