Discuss uponor pipe/fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone give their opinions on ease,use,fitting of above
also any problems ie mice chewing

It is good stuff
Would I use it a lot no
As the size doesn't suit to many fittings to get to 15mm-22mm-28mm

Not something i will be fitting as i think the pipe size is specific to Uponor and requires their own threaded fittings to get onto anything else. Would make things tricky to work on anything if you dont carry Uponor stock on the van so i'll stick to standard size stuff. If i'm wrong on the size thing feel free to put me right.

Press fit is Quite expensive , but good to use. I have seen it eaten by mice. But they seem to have a chew at anything plastic.
imho the q&e shrink fit has a better flow, due to the way the fittings work.

Both are better than any other push fit, because they seal on the inside, so scratches or swarf on the outside don't bite you months later.

Same as Grey0689 - Funny sizes and not funny turning back to copper. Maincor is the same but a poor mans version of Uponor. Uponor fittings glide on where maincor's take abit of effort :(

I use it a lot mainly for peace of mind I don't really trust push fit fittings, q&e fittings are my preffered choice as you need to expand the pipe to get the fitting in you can't ever forget to make a joint.
As for mice chewing it I've never seen any plastic pipe thats been chewed so I wouldn't be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to uponor pipe/fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock