Search the forum,

Discuss uponor pipe/fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone give their opinions on ease,use,fitting of above
also any problems ie mice chewing

It is good stuff
Would I use it a lot no
As the size doesn't suit to many fittings to get to 15mm-22mm-28mm

Not something i will be fitting as i think the pipe size is specific to Uponor and requires their own threaded fittings to get onto anything else. Would make things tricky to work on anything if you dont carry Uponor stock on the van so i'll stick to standard size stuff. If i'm wrong on the size thing feel free to put me right.

Press fit is Quite expensive , but good to use. I have seen it eaten by mice. But they seem to have a chew at anything plastic.
imho the q&e shrink fit has a better flow, due to the way the fittings work.

Both are better than any other push fit, because they seal on the inside, so scratches or swarf on the outside don't bite you months later.

Same as Grey0689 - Funny sizes and not funny turning back to copper. Maincor is the same but a poor mans version of Uponor. Uponor fittings glide on where maincor's take abit of effort :(

I use it a lot mainly for peace of mind I don't really trust push fit fittings, q&e fittings are my preffered choice as you need to expand the pipe to get the fitting in you can't ever forget to make a joint.
As for mice chewing it I've never seen any plastic pipe thats been chewed so I wouldn't be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to uponor pipe/fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to the 1/2" pipe (blue pipe) is a problem as the coupling is larger than the pipe although both are 1/2". Most people do not realize that there are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my needs. I have therefore been trying to locate on- line the actual sizes eg length of push-fit tee, spread of branch, before I can purchase the best...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock