Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Ufh problems temp control and radiators temp in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Pkitch

Pkitch New Member

this is a screen shot of the instructions, maximum 45 degrees for my floor but I should be able to start much lower and work my way up to this temperature, from what I can gather many other people are able to operate their ufh systems at any temperature without having to turn the CH setting right down to minimum on the boiler

2. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Your underfloor and radiator temp cannot be ran at separate temperature using the boiler controls. The only control you have of the underfloor heating water temp is with the blending valve at the manifold. Turn your boiler up, turn the blending valve to minimum and run your underfloor several times a day at 1 hour intervals and gradually increase the temp over 4 to 6 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pkitch

Pkitch New Member

That’s my problem, the blending valve is set to minimum but the temperature is at maximum on the inlet gauge when my boiler is set normally, I’m guessing a faulty blending valve or installation issue?

4. Craig Watson

So with your boiler set at max, and blending valve set at min, what temp is this gauge in the pic reading?

20190216_222655.jpg

5. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

May be a silly question but why don’t you get the installer back ?

6. Pkitch

Pkitch New Member

My boiler is set to minimum to achieve this temperature of about 27 degrees

7. Pkitch

Pkitch New Member

He was sub contracted by my builder and we are having trouble getting him back to look at it

8. Craig Watson

Yes but when the boiler is turned up, are you saying that the temp of that gauge goes above the temp set by the blending valve?

9. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

Oh dear ... what does your builder say about the matter . he was the main contractor

10. Pkitch

Pkitch New Member

When the boiler is set to normal 60 degrees the temp on that gauge is about 45 to 50 degrees which is or exceeds the maximum my floor can take, I should be able to run my boiler at normal settings and adjust the ufh blending valve to achieve a temperature lower than maximum, maybe I’m not getting this across clearly but for tiled screeded floors it is important to start off at a low temperature and gradually increase this which I am unable to do without turning down my settings on the boiler which in turn knocks out my radiators

11. Pkitch

Pkitch New Member

He is trying his best but I have retained some money until it is resolved

12. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

Good man ... the wallet always hurts .. don’t you know the name of the plumber?

13. Pkitch

Pkitch New Member

Yes I have his name and number but I’m leaving it up to the builder to sort out, if I have to get another engineer out then the retained money won’t be paid

14. Craig Watson

The blending valve should have a range of around 35 - 65 ° so if you can't regulate the temp down then there may be an installation issue or a fault with the blending valve. Ask your contractor to contact the manufacturer of the underfloor heating to get a rep out to check the system over.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

A perfectly reasonable approach imho