Discuss the plumbers tax safe plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

erj

Gas Engineer
I see the Gov has set up a amnesty, so we can declear the money we have hidden away.
Great that is all we need the tax man after money we do not have ( well I dont have any any way)
Why have they picked on us have they been reading the press too much:confused:. PLUMBERS MAKE £100,000 A YEAR!.

Do you have a link or ref to story ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Have I missed a month and it's April 1st?

Never mind the bankers,let's make the plumbers pay. I've been feeling really guilty about the 50k I keep under the mattress too:)

hope its a joke lol it wont be worth being in the trade shortly to much to pay out than there is comming in.

It's genuine it would seem, just google it

[DLMURL="http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=197770"]Plumbers Tax Amnesty - UK Business Forums[/DLMURL]

Now call me old fashioned, but I thought plumbers had a good name for honesty and pleasantry. Certainly for the last 30 years or so (well before I started in this business) the nicest and most honest tradesmen were plumbers.

I know there are bad apples in every aspect of life, but I thought there weren't many in the plumbing world. It would surprise me if we hear of stories of thousands of plumbers not declaring a good 90% of their earnings. And when you think that the bulk of us earn up to 10% more than the average wage at most, I'd have thought this was a waste of time for HMRC.

I seem to remember the builders had this about 5 years ago.

For information, HMRC is going to find it difficult to find me not having declared anything. I've even got a £30 Xmas cash gift/tip put down in my invoice book! Last week a customer gave me £1,050 cash thinking it would save on tax. Not me, Mr. Tax Inspector and I didn't round it down to the grand either!!!

Found 2p down the back of the van seat that,s about all i have got hidden need to declare that !!!! lol

Good luck to any plumbers who have been doing cash in hand. This government, and the past one, only wastes it on trying to save the world, and doling it out to single teenage mothers and other non-producers. A billion in foreign aid to India. Hmmm! Keep the local economy going by spending it wisely in your local lads.

Anyhow, will they be having an amnesty for MPs who have fiddled their expenses next?

I do work for a Tax investigator, if people go on forums and advocate cash jobs , be afraid be very afraid !
And remember Tax is not like the law where you are innocent untill proven guilty, In tax you have to prove you are innocent

Last edited:
if people go on forums and advocate cash jobs , be afraid be very afraid !

What's wrong with cash jobs? Saves on banking charges and the money is in your account as fast as you can walk to the bank. Can't say that about cheques or plastic.

Absolutely agree wheeto, thats fine. However some forums and some posts make it clear what they mean by cash jobs, im sure some even mention the revenue

paid cash, goes into books, then petty cash or bank no problems have nothing to hide, sleep great

inland revenue are more than welcome to see me and my books,use charted accountant and have the regulatury previous 6 years of books.
my accountant told me the poeple they flag up are the diy self assesment wallers.

Not only DIY self assessors it is completely random (or so I am told, revenue tax investigator mate) On the strength of what he has told me over the years I have an insurance policy to cover the costs of an investigation. Yes we also use a large firm of accountants, they also think the insurance is worth it just in case . It would be their fees being payed from it !

Last edited:
they had an hm tax inspector on radio5 y-day talking about this. she sounded real snotty nosed as well.

"yes we know what plumbers and heating engineers should be earning" .................

they ve contacted gsr to obtain all the reg-ed businesses details. well out off order. who cares phil green and his mates pay a pitance in tax on the billions they make, lets go after the honest gas engineers who do it by the book just trying to earn a decent living.

its the illegal fitters who are more likely to be doing cash jobs to avoid a paper trail anyway.

I think they must think that plumbers are hiding money, as the revenue has been very poor over the last couple of years. Nothing to do with the recession then??

I think they must think that plumbers are hiding money, as the revenue has been very poor over the last couple of years. Nothing to do with the recession then??
no, i heard its something to do with hsbc, vodaphone etc imo so i hear but i maybee wrong.lol.

so what does this mean then the tax man is going to investigate every plumber in the country ?

I peronally think this is some form of prejudice against plumbers, this form would be better served on politicians, footballers and bankers but to name three, but to have a go a decent hard working plumbers is a joke, i have printed the form it would be better published in a comic!!!

I have never done cash work in my life!!!!! Honestly (tax officer)

making all boilers notifiable under building regs is for numerous reasons including for the powers that to know how many boilers you fit.
I think this plumbers tax nonsense is disgraceful as the bankers cause the recession and get bailed out by us they then continue to not lend making things worse avoid all sorts of taxes and get millions in bonuses.
The mps con every one with the expenses claims thats been brushed under the carpet yet they want to check on plumbers avoiding tax ???? this is actually comical do they think we are idiots

could not agree more plumbster
making all boilers notifiable under building regs is for numerous reasons including for the powers that to know how many boilers you fit.
I think this plumbers tax nonsense is disgraceful as the bankers cause the recession and get bailed out by us they then continue to not lend making things worse avoid all sorts of taxes and get millions in bonuses.
The mps con every one with the expenses claims thats been brushed under the carpet yet they want to check on plumbers avoiding tax ???? this is actually comical do they think we are idiots

I peronally think this is some form of prejudice against plumbers, this form would be better served on politicians, footballers and bankers but to name three, but to have a go a decent hard working plumbers is a joke, i have printed the form it would be better published in a comic!!!

it is a joke. wasnt it recently published wayne rooney pays around 3-4% tax on total earnings using blatant tax avoidance tactics( so much paid as image rights blah blah) , yet the tax man comes after plumbers earning less in a year than he does in a day.

i paid enough tax last year to keep some layabout family going in housing benefit and other handouts, feels good doing your bit for the country :eek:

Now theres a concept "decent hardworking plumbers" but you know them , I know them the public know them they have unmarked cars or vans do cheap shody work for cash that we have to put right. That unfortunately is the view of plumbers watch any "cowboy" program on TV.
That is what the Taxman sees

we all know people that do "homers" and to be honest these people are just trying to get a bit of extra cash ontop of their crappy salarys they get working for a firm, why not make more of an effort to get the scroungers working so they can bring in tax!

That isnt always the case . Local "factory" shift guys on 38 + K yr loads do homers . Thats not a crappy salary, they even do their gas safe exams in their rest days !

Are there other pages on that site for builders, plasteres, electricians... I don't understand why it's just plumbers. I've never heard anyone say "is a cheque ok? oh what am i saying of course it's not you're a plumber..."

it is a joke. wasnt it recently published wayne rooney pays around 3-4% tax on total earnings using blatant tax avoidance tactics( so much paid as image rights blah blah) , yet the tax man comes after plumbers earning less in a year than he does in a day.

i paid enough tax last year to keep some layabout family going in housing benefit and other handouts, feels good doing your bit for the country :eek:[

only 3 to 4 per cent tax on top of what he gets a week over £100000 now a week i think he gets.
but plumbers dont even make that in a year and they are chasing plumbers??? It is strange why the dont chase the ones who avoid paying all sorts of tax like vodafone etc etc etc mp's etc.
makes you feel sick

why are they chasing plumbers? do they believe the stuff you read in the papers £50000 in first year stuff

My van has no sign writing never has, but thats so thiefs dont know what i carry, soon as you put your proffesion on side of van its like saying to trhe burglars (break in) but i am no cowboy.
Now theres a concept "decent hardworking plumbers" but you know them , I know them the public know them they have unmarked cars or vans do cheap shody work for cash that we have to put right. That unfortunately is the view of plumbers watch any "cowboy" program on TV.
That is what the Taxman sees

we should march to parliament and make our voices heard !! haha

we should march to parliament and make our voices heard !! haha

there is no point we are merely the little people to them.. the ones in power have got the power and the ones who are hard working and pay tax to keep the ones in power in power are nothing to them.
The next time you do a tax return or check your end of year tax bill if books in take great pleasure in knowing its paying for some rich mps new bathroom in there second home or paying some mp to watch **** in a hotel that you re paying for like the mp who actually charged on his expenses to hire a **** movie in a hotel...

There is only now one thing left to do and thats get away from this country all together because trust me it is only going to get worse....

diesel nearly £1.40 a litre blame the uprising in egypt? no take a closer look at how much of the £1.40 is actually tax

Diesel today at the pump was £1.45 a litre. It'll be two quid a litre before long.

A mate of mine is running his car on vegetable oil. Crazy fool. It does smell nice though!! LOL.

Diesel today at the pump was £1.45 a litre. It'll be two quid a litre before long.

A mate of mine is running his car on vegetable oil. Crazy fool. It does smell nice though!! LOL.

how do you go about this I know it wont be possible to do with a diesel van but say you got a petrol van how much does it cost to convert to use vegetable oil

£1.45 a litre it gets better... we will only keep getting the p taken from us because in this country people just accept it without serious question...
how long would an american government last if they charged even half of what we get charged in tax on a litre of diesel? not very long this is th difference

how do you go about this I know it wont be possible to do with a diesel van but say you got a petrol van how much does it cost to convert to use vegetable oil

Don't do this with a petrol car. You can only do it with a diesel car/van. Seriously.

Anyway, I had a good chat with him about it as I was amazed.

It transpires that there are even websites out there where you can look your vehicle up and see if it will run on veg oil. You don't need to do anything to a lot of vehicles.

In a nut shell this is what he told me.

You are allowed by law to use a certain amount of duty free fuel (something like 2000 litres) so its not illegal unless you do loads of it.
The car runs a bit 'chockey' for the first couple of minutes until it has warmed up. After a few miles he said you couldn't notice any difference.
You should avoid using it if your vehicle is a turbo diesel.
As it is more viscous your fuel pump will need to be a decent one to deal with the thicker fuel.
You can thin the mixture with white spirit, or just use a 50/50 mix of conventional fuel and sunflower oil.
It helps to warm your glow plugs twice before cold start up.

Anyway, my mate is driving a 05 plate Ford Mondeo. He's running it on pure sunflower oil. He bought in bulk when it was on special at tescos for 40p a litre.

He's not the type to BS, very honest guy, I did laugh me backside off when he told me. It honestly smells like a chip shop! :)

Finally I'll add that I won't be running my van on veg oil. Just sticking the fuel receipts into my accountant as per usual.

Last edited:
Had a letter from our accountants Friday . There coming...........
Good job we have investigation insurance

Woo hoo I cant wait for the tax man to investigate me, every year they give me a lurverly tax rebate and now I know that when I am investigated they will go through my books like a fine tooth combe,
I will get me tesco carrier bags out with me books in ready in anticipation. This means that they can sort out me paperwork I wont get charged and I bet I will get more rebates, well chuffed.

To be honest I believe that the truth of the matter is that the Tax office is under so much pressure to collect taxes and so underfunded and understaffed this must be a government ploy to see how gullible we all are, So I will not be declaring my 5 bank accounts in switzerland (same banks used by top politicians and royalty) or the island I own in the carribean, which I let politicians use. May be they should look at the big corporations, Banks and politicians, and also companies that claim to be non profit making, and charities I mean they have got to be tax dodgers

Woo hoo I cant wait for the tax man to investigate me, every year they give me a lurverly tax rebate and now I know that when I am investigated they will go through my books like a fine tooth combe,
I will get me tesco carrier bags out with me books in ready in anticipation. This means that they can sort out me paperwork I wont get charged and I bet I will get more rebates, well chuffed.

To be honest I believe that the truth of the matter is that the Tax office is under so much pressure to collect taxes and so underfunded and understaffed this must be a government ploy to see how gullible we all are, So I will not be declaring my 5 bank accounts in switzerland (same banks used by top politicians and royalty) or the island I own in the carribean, which I let politicians use. May be they should look at the big corporations, Banks and politicians, and also companies that claim to be non profit making, and charities I mean they have got to be tax dodgers

hit the nail on the head way that one all these big corporte companys who get away way it is shocking.
the government makes threats to banks they threaten to set up in another country and avoid even more tax its the banks who run this country not that vermin of a party who are in power just now.
have noticed thres been no mention of relief on fuel duty we willk just have to accept even more beep from these people in power

theyve been fed with a silver spoon all their lives, how can they relate to working class people ?

Hi mate hope all goes okay for you, i really do feel we do get picked on though, let us know how it goes please, i reckon its just a matter of time for me to get a visit too, good luck,

Steve.

Dont worry toddyplumb honest all yer have to say is its in the duck house on the duck pond in a certain politicians gaf!!!! yer know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the plumbers tax safe plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock