Currently reading:
the plumbers tax safe plan

Discuss the plumbers tax safe plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

erj

Gas Engineer
I see the Gov has set up a amnesty, so we can declear the money we have hidden away.
Great that is all we need the tax man after money we do not have ( well I dont have any any way)
Why have they picked on us have they been reading the press too much:confused:. PLUMBERS MAKE £100,000 A YEAR!.

Do you have a link or ref to story ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Have I missed a month and it's April 1st?

Never mind the bankers,let's make the plumbers pay. I've been feeling really guilty about the 50k I keep under the mattress too:)

hope its a joke lol it wont be worth being in the trade shortly to much to pay out than there is comming in.

It's genuine it would seem, just google it

[DLMURL="http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=197770"]Plumbers Tax Amnesty - UK Business Forums[/DLMURL]

Now call me old fashioned, but I thought plumbers had a good name for honesty and pleasantry. Certainly for the last 30 years or so (well before I started in this business) the nicest and most honest tradesmen were plumbers.

I know there are bad apples in every aspect of life, but I thought there weren't many in the plumbing world. It would surprise me if we hear of stories of thousands of plumbers not declaring a good 90% of their earnings. And when you think that the bulk of us earn up to 10% more than the average wage at most, I'd have thought this was a waste of time for HMRC.

I seem to remember the builders had this about 5 years ago.

For information, HMRC is going to find it difficult to find me not having declared anything. I've even got a £30 Xmas cash gift/tip put down in my invoice book! Last week a customer gave me £1,050 cash thinking it would save on tax. Not me, Mr. Tax Inspector and I didn't round it down to the grand either!!!

Found 2p down the back of the van seat that,s about all i have got hidden need to declare that !!!! lol

Good luck to any plumbers who have been doing cash in hand. This government, and the past one, only wastes it on trying to save the world, and doling it out to single teenage mothers and other non-producers. A billion in foreign aid to India. Hmmm! Keep the local economy going by spending it wisely in your local lads.

Anyhow, will they be having an amnesty for MPs who have fiddled their expenses next?

I do work for a Tax investigator, if people go on forums and advocate cash jobs , be afraid be very afraid !
And remember Tax is not like the law where you are innocent untill proven guilty, In tax you have to prove you are innocent

Last edited:
if people go on forums and advocate cash jobs , be afraid be very afraid !

What's wrong with cash jobs? Saves on banking charges and the money is in your account as fast as you can walk to the bank. Can't say that about cheques or plastic.

Absolutely agree wheeto, thats fine. However some forums and some posts make it clear what they mean by cash jobs, im sure some even mention the revenue

paid cash, goes into books, then petty cash or bank no problems have nothing to hide, sleep great

inland revenue are more than welcome to see me and my books,use charted accountant and have the regulatury previous 6 years of books.
my accountant told me the poeple they flag up are the diy self assesment wallers.

Not only DIY self assessors it is completely random (or so I am told, revenue tax investigator mate) On the strength of what he has told me over the years I have an insurance policy to cover the costs of an investigation. Yes we also use a large firm of accountants, they also think the insurance is worth it just in case . It would be their fees being payed from it !

Last edited:
they had an hm tax inspector on radio5 y-day talking about this. she sounded real snotty nosed as well.

"yes we know what plumbers and heating engineers should be earning" .................

they ve contacted gsr to obtain all the reg-ed businesses details. well out off order. who cares phil green and his mates pay a pitance in tax on the billions they make, lets go after the honest gas engineers who do it by the book just trying to earn a decent living.

its the illegal fitters who are more likely to be doing cash jobs to avoid a paper trail anyway.

I think they must think that plumbers are hiding money, as the revenue has been very poor over the last couple of years. Nothing to do with the recession then??

I think they must think that plumbers are hiding money, as the revenue has been very poor over the last couple of years. Nothing to do with the recession then??
no, i heard its something to do with hsbc, vodaphone etc imo so i hear but i maybee wrong.lol.

so what does this mean then the tax man is going to investigate every plumber in the country ?

I peronally think this is some form of prejudice against plumbers, this form would be better served on politicians, footballers and bankers but to name three, but to have a go a decent hard working plumbers is a joke, i have printed the form it would be better published in a comic!!!

I have never done cash work in my life!!!!! Honestly (tax officer)

making all boilers notifiable under building regs is for numerous reasons including for the powers that to know how many boilers you fit.
I think this plumbers tax nonsense is disgraceful as the bankers cause the recession and get bailed out by us they then continue to not lend making things worse avoid all sorts of taxes and get millions in bonuses.
The mps con every one with the expenses claims thats been brushed under the carpet yet they want to check on plumbers avoiding tax ???? this is actually comical do they think we are idiots

could not agree more plumbster
making all boilers notifiable under building regs is for numerous reasons including for the powers that to know how many boilers you fit.
I think this plumbers tax nonsense is disgraceful as the bankers cause the recession and get bailed out by us they then continue to not lend making things worse avoid all sorts of taxes and get millions in bonuses.
The mps con every one with the expenses claims thats been brushed under the carpet yet they want to check on plumbers avoiding tax ???? this is actually comical do they think we are idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the plumbers tax safe plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back