Discuss the plumbers tax safe plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

erj

Gas Engineer
I see the Gov has set up a amnesty, so we can declear the money we have hidden away.
Great that is all we need the tax man after money we do not have ( well I dont have any any way)
Why have they picked on us have they been reading the press too much:confused:. PLUMBERS MAKE £100,000 A YEAR!.

Have I missed a month and it's April 1st?

Never mind the bankers,let's make the plumbers pay. I've been feeling really guilty about the 50k I keep under the mattress too:)

It's genuine it would seem, just google it

[DLMURL="http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=197770"]Plumbers Tax Amnesty - UK Business Forums[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Now call me old fashioned, but I thought plumbers had a good name for honesty and pleasantry. Certainly for the last 30 years or so (well before I started in this business) the nicest and most honest tradesmen were plumbers.

I know there are bad apples in every aspect of life, but I thought there weren't many in the plumbing world. It would surprise me if we hear of stories of thousands of plumbers not declaring a good 90% of their earnings. And when you think that the bulk of us earn up to 10% more than the average wage at most, I'd have thought this was a waste of time for HMRC.

I seem to remember the builders had this about 5 years ago.

For information, HMRC is going to find it difficult to find me not having declared anything. I've even got a £30 Xmas cash gift/tip put down in my invoice book! Last week a customer gave me £1,050 cash thinking it would save on tax. Not me, Mr. Tax Inspector and I didn't round it down to the grand either!!!

Good luck to any plumbers who have been doing cash in hand. This government, and the past one, only wastes it on trying to save the world, and doling it out to single teenage mothers and other non-producers. A billion in foreign aid to India. Hmmm! Keep the local economy going by spending it wisely in your local lads.

Anyhow, will they be having an amnesty for MPs who have fiddled their expenses next?

I do work for a Tax investigator, if people go on forums and advocate cash jobs , be afraid be very afraid !
And remember Tax is not like the law where you are innocent untill proven guilty, In tax you have to prove you are innocent

Last edited:
Absolutely agree wheeto, thats fine. However some forums and some posts make it clear what they mean by cash jobs, im sure some even mention the revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the plumbers tax safe plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock