Search the forum,

Discuss super fire 2 and bottles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Had to buy another torch due to thread going where the bottle screws in. I have noticed the bottles have less thread on them now and only engage in the last 2 or3 threads. I bought a bottle from todays tools and that has more thread engaging with at least 5 threads. I think this could be why the thread is not lasting more than 9 months.

Are you one of those who unscrews the bottle every day?

Do people do this ? . Mine just gets thrown in the van each day

I would take it off every time, but every time you unscrew it you loose se gas, and me beings tight arse I think it will save me lots of money in the long run if I don't :)

I never disconnect mine from the bottle, but always shut the gas tap & lock the button...

im not too worried about the van exploding as even if it leaked out in a tool box overnight there would be no spark ;) plus it could leak out just as easy disconnected surely.

I used to take it off. But had a few bottles that leaked so just turn it off on the button and lock.

I have had leaky bottles in the past too so just turn the gas off to the lamp head but I also keep my 2 blow lamps in a bag on there own nothing else to knock the trigger by accident or anything

I always disconnect now. Ever since the apprentice set fire to van I've been about more paranoid. Keep thinking I can smell burning!

Nothing worse then hitting the motorway and smelling gas in the van, had that a few times lucky really it didn't catch fire as above.

Just ripped out 40 meters of 22 that carried LPG. Van smells like someone left a 45kg bottle open in the back

I have seen my Surefire still having a very tiny flame burning deep inside the nozzle after I had turned it off. I now take a look for the flame each time I turn it off & I unscrew the cylinder even if I have to walk away for a short while.
On another fire hazard point that I raised long ago, - Don't leave your drill batteries near steel wool! If the battery contacts touch the steel wool it goes up in flames. I once did this when moving stuff in back of van.

Don't leave your drill batteries near steel wool! If the battery contacts touch the steel wool it goes up in flames. I once did this when moving stuff in back of van.

I heard that a few years ago and me and my apprentice tested the theory on a quiet day.

i never unscrew however i do think rothenpants super fire series is utter pap.

What others are around though? The only ones I see are rothenberger and everywhere sells the bottles so it just makes sense.

I have had mine now for about 4-5 years the head wobbles a bit but still works perfectly. (I did do mainly service and maintenance for 3-4 years so It didn't get loads of use)

I always lock the button on it but never take the bottle off. I've been in a few vans over the years that smell of gas in the morning where someone had left the button unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to super fire 2 and bottles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock