Discuss super fire 2 and bottles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Had to buy another torch due to thread going where the bottle screws in. I have noticed the bottles have less thread on them now and only engage in the last 2 or3 threads. I bought a bottle from todays tools and that has more thread engaging with at least 5 threads. I think this could be why the thread is not lasting more than 9 months.

Are you one of those who unscrews the bottle every day?

Do people do this ? . Mine just gets thrown in the van each day

I would take it off every time, but every time you unscrew it you loose se gas, and me beings tight arse I think it will save me lots of money in the long run if I don't :)

I never disconnect mine from the bottle, but always shut the gas tap & lock the button...

im not too worried about the van exploding as even if it leaked out in a tool box overnight there would be no spark ;) plus it could leak out just as easy disconnected surely.

I used to take it off. But had a few bottles that leaked so just turn it off on the button and lock.

I have had leaky bottles in the past too so just turn the gas off to the lamp head but I also keep my 2 blow lamps in a bag on there own nothing else to knock the trigger by accident or anything

I always disconnect now. Ever since the apprentice set fire to van I've been about more paranoid. Keep thinking I can smell burning!

Nothing worse then hitting the motorway and smelling gas in the van, had that a few times lucky really it didn't catch fire as above.

Just ripped out 40 meters of 22 that carried LPG. Van smells like someone left a 45kg bottle open in the back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to super fire 2 and bottles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock