Discuss stain remover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

can anyone suggest a cleaner for removing the odd mark on carpets caused be the occasional dropped fire coal / flux brush/soot etc . had to give a customer a discount as a coal rolled onto the carpet and marked it.

Tend to rub the mark with my foot (boots off) and hope my every day clean socks do the trick - never use water. If you rub it around a while it can sort of blend into the rest of the carpet - at least until the chqs cleared !

centralheatking

Leak detector fluid is brilliant for this, cover the stain in it and rub like mad. It's brilliant. The best one I have used is from parts centre and comes In an aerosol can. It removes anything. Even black sludge from rads. It's amazing.

Leak detector fluid is brilliant for this, cover the stain in it and rub like mad. It's brilliant. The best one I have used is from parts centre and comes In an aerosol can. It removes anything. Even black sludge from rads. It's amazing.
I take it that you like it then? :teeth_smile:

How on earth did you find this out !

can anyone suggest a cleaner for removing the odd mark on carpets caused be the occasional dropped fire coal / flux brush/soot etc . had to give a customer a discount as a coal rolled onto the carpet and marked it.

keep a selection of company logoed hearth rugs, turn a potential problem into a marketing opportunity !!:disguise:

On a more serious note 1001 sprays is my panacea of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stain remover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock