Search the forum,

Discuss Sleep in van or hotel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
If it was just you and you were working away would you spend money in a hotel/B&B or sleep in van?

If sleeping in van where would you park it?

b and b or camper

The bill needs to reflect the need to pay for accommodation. Would you expect an employee to sleep in a van, and are you not worthy of as much respect? Unless you aren't doing it to save money/have a very comfortable van and are on a nice campsite etc? Otherwise, I wouldn't.

Having to go off island for many of our training courses I have stayed in Travel Inns for up to two weeks at a time. I can say that I have felt the loneliness of Alan Partridge.

Having to go off island for many of our training courses I have stayed in Travel Inns for up to two weeks at a time. I can say that I have felt the loneliness of Alan Partridge.
I love being by myself. The wife says that I still make friends wherever I go. I don’t need to know anybody:p

I love being by myself. The wife says that I still make friends wherever I go. I don’t need to know anybody:p

I do love the pub so I usually find myself a drinking partner. Problem is without the wife to keep me under control I have a perma-hangover the whole time away. Whilst on the subject, for you drinkers/hangover sufferers out there, get some Milk Thistle tablets from the chemist or health food shop and take a couple before you drink. The reduction in hangover is nothing short of remarkable. Something something, alcohol, something science formaldehyde make it work but I reckon they are actual magic. That's my Xmas present to you all - The knowledge and power that is Milk Thistle.

No acid, no formaldehyde, just a good old fashioned kicking, last thing a thief wants is to see me first thing in a morning holding a [insert weapon of choice].

I do love the pub so I usually find myself a drinking partner. Problem is without the wife to keep me under control I have a perma-hangover the whole time away. Whilst on the subject, for you drinkers/hangover sufferers out there, get some Milk Thistle tablets from the chemist or health food shop and take a couple before you drink. The reduction in hangover is nothing short of remarkable. Something something, alcohol, something science formaldehyde make it work but I reckon they are actual magic. That's my Xmas present to you all - The knowledge and power that is Milk Thistle.
Love a good drink me.:confused::confused:

I try to avoid formaldehyde...

There's no formaldehyde in the milk thistle, I was just being daft. Alcohol breaks down into various things including a formaldehyde compound and that is what makes you feel so bad (along with dehydration). The milk thistle contains a compound called Silymarin which interferes with this process and leaves you feeling much less poisoned.

Silymarin is used to treat poisons that attack the liver, poisonous mushrooms for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sleep in van or hotel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I’ve got a job today where I’m out in the middle of nowhere and the complaint is water passing into the toilet pan constantly. Now I...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for your advice... As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock