Search the forum,

Discuss Water Pipes Vibrating Our Floor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for your advice...

As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to vibrate.

I have singled out the issue to the joists that the floorboards sit on carrying the vibrations throughout the house.

We do not have hot water running through these pipes (cold water only in the pipes) , and the vibrations make sleeping almost impossible as the vibrations go up through the floor into any furniture, including mattresses.

When I feel any accessible water pipes they are gently Vibrating, but I can't seem to find out why the intensity of the vibrations changes randomly throughout the day, and locations in the floor.

I am living in a private flat in a house with 6 other flats.

I would love answers to fix this problem so that the floor no longer vibrates, and I can sleep in peace not being woken up or unable to drop off because of the vibrations.

Any ideas of how to fix this is greatly appreciated, we will have a plumber coming to see the problem payed for by the landlord, and I wanted to get a headstart with any information which may help them.

I am concerned that they might not fix it, as I have read other stories online where people have had multiple plumbers come to view the issue and not be able to fix it.

Thank you
Tabs x

**It is a fairly old house which has been converted in flats, I am on the ground floor

Yes it is all day long Although appears at different parts of the floor in different intensity, the house shares the same plumbing, it is more of a physical feeling than a sound
Hi did you get this problem sorted as we are experiencing the same thing in our house.It's driving us crazy .

Hi did you get this problem sorted as we are experiencing the same thing in our house.It's driving us crazy .
Hi, the problems been ongoing since we moved in. The landlord hasn't done anything to fix it yet, although I'm sceptical a plumber could fix it without tearing the house apart to get to the pipes (that's if they understand the cause of the problem)

We've moved house 4 times in the same area over the last 2 years and had the exact same issue. I think the problem could possibly be linked to the fact they've built 5000 new houses, and the towns plumbing is likely very old and having to deal with all the extra pressure, this is only a guess though.

Reply to Water Pipes Vibrating Our Floor in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock