Discuss Shower leak, wet patch getting larger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Omeo

Hi

I had a wet patch that appeared on my dining room wall close to the ceiling so I assumed it was coming from the bathroom directly above. I have recently moved in after decorating and used the sink and toilet before and the bath but never the shower.
A plumber I know came and took the bath panels off, filled the bath with water and released to see if any leak could be coming from the bath, no issues. So we sprayed water from the shower on the sides of the bath where the tiles and bath meet and noticed straight away water was leaking down the side on to the wooden floor board. We noticed that the silicone sealant was not done correctly as there were gaps so we removed the silicone and re-siliconed. Also did this while the bath was weighted down.

However the wet patch is slowly increasing in size but no water is leaking through. I was advised that as I had two long showers a lot of water would have seeped through and the moisture is drawing the water through the wall which will eventually begin to dry out.

Does this sound right?
Thanks

started using the shower on Saturday and Sunday. Noticed the leak Monday night. repaired the silicone on Tuesday but have not used the shower since Sunday except for the leak test.

Give it a good blast and see what happens. I would have expected to see it start to disappear by now.

Yeah, could take a week but you should see it disappearing gradually

How is the tile grout? Any hairline cracks? Look carefully as water will find the gap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower leak, wet patch getting larger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock