Search the forum,

Discuss Shower leak, wet patch getting larger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Omeo

Hi

I had a wet patch that appeared on my dining room wall close to the ceiling so I assumed it was coming from the bathroom directly above. I have recently moved in after decorating and used the sink and toilet before and the bath but never the shower.
A plumber I know came and took the bath panels off, filled the bath with water and released to see if any leak could be coming from the bath, no issues. So we sprayed water from the shower on the sides of the bath where the tiles and bath meet and noticed straight away water was leaking down the side on to the wooden floor board. We noticed that the silicone sealant was not done correctly as there were gaps so we removed the silicone and re-siliconed. Also did this while the bath was weighted down.

However the wet patch is slowly increasing in size but no water is leaking through. I was advised that as I had two long showers a lot of water would have seeped through and the moisture is drawing the water through the wall which will eventually begin to dry out.

Does this sound right?
Thanks

started using the shower on Saturday and Sunday. Noticed the leak Monday night. repaired the silicone on Tuesday but have not used the shower since Sunday except for the leak test.

Give it a good blast and see what happens. I would have expected to see it start to disappear by now.

Yeah, could take a week but you should see it disappearing gradually

How is the tile grout? Any hairline cracks? Look carefully as water will find the gap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower leak, wet patch getting larger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the floor tiles one of the floorboards on side of the bath was wet through and almost rotten. So I feel the water has been seeping through that due...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower controls checked. Weird thing is the shower leak only happens when there's weight on the shower tray. The shower tray doesn't flex in any way, which is...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock