Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP

Easy solution.
Ring both the plumber and the GSR who signed it off and telll them you are going to ring Gas Safe and ask for an inspection (the will do that for free).
If thy are wise, their rses will start twitching and they will be round sharpish to get you sorted.

3amazuhy.jpg
Just seen pictures . Fault 1 flue is too close to air vent, if bricks are 73 or 65mm the did stance is less than 300mm. Page 6 of boiler guide I think? Distance to opening or vent from a flue.

Fault 2 no eath on meter outlet.

Fault 3 flue looks to be poorly fitted into boiler and not sealed to brickwork.

Pipe work missing a few clips and it's very close to your electrics but they are less important.

I would anticipate that all ga safe would do is send installer a ncs letter and invite the 'plumber ' to join gas safe.

The flue and thermostat will require a gas safe engineer . Earth is a sparks job or qualified gas fitter.

You could remove air brick and replace with bricks or cement it over (looks poor tho)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure on electrical regs as seems too many conflicting opinions so have always handed all over to the sparks they have the knowledge and right kit .
I was told you need part p but then to be copliant with part p you also need to be 17th edition and then electrical testing so really not sure just avoid and pass it on !

3amazuhy.jpg
Just seen pictures . Fault 1 flue is too close to air vent, if bricks are 73 or 65mm the did stance is less than 300mm. Page 6 of boiler guide I think? Distance to opening or vent from a flue.

Fault 2 no eath on meter outlet.

Fault 3 flue looks to be poorly fitted into boiler and not sealed to brickwork.

Pipe work missing a few clips and it's very close to your electrics but they are less important.

I would anticipate that all ga safe would do is send installer a ncs letter and invite the 'plumber ' to join gas safe.

The flue and thermostat will require a gas safe engineer . Earth is a sparks job or qualified gas fitter.

You could remove air brick and replace with bricks or cement it over (looks poor tho)
I feel like ripping it all out and just open another bottle of wine!

Whereabouts are you? It's all very well commenting on pictures but there's nothing like seeing the installation in the flesh.

OK, so you saved a couple of hundred quid - (you've had more than a couple if hundred quids worth of advice for free fom here :) )

The plumber clearly isn't prepared to listen to you , so follow Tamz's advice above - it wont cost you a penny, AND will ensure you get a fully compliant system

If they don't fix it ALL within 7 days, then refuse them future access and spend the couple of hundred quite with a GSR fitter from this website, and I'm sure they'll put it right for you.

You'll then sleep well at night ( a couple of bottles of wime will do that too :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock