Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before
i have questioned whether i did get the right installer but its a bit late now. I thought they were competent, how was i meant to know. The benchmark has been filled out as i said but he has ticked the box that says boiler interlock provided and as i said above he said its nothing to do with a room stat.

A simple explanation ?
Boiler interlock is not a physical device but an arrangement of the system controls (room thermostats, programmable room thermostats, cylinder thermostats, programmers and time switches) so as to ensure that the boiler does not fire when there is no demand for heat. In a system with a combi boiler it can be achieved by fitting a room thermostat.
In a system with a regular boiler it can be achieved by correct wiring interconnection of the room thermostat, cylinder thermostat, and motorised valve(s). It may also be achieved by more advanced controls, such as a boiler energy manager. TRVs alone are not sufficient for boiler interlock
This is what i read and tried to explain to him but he wont listen.

Then get rid of him. Cut your losses on it and get a professional in. I've followed your posts and I'm abit concerned about your install. Can you post pictures of the boiler install?

Then get rid of him. Cut your losses on it and get a professional in. I've followed your posts and I'm abit concerned about your install. Can you post pictures of the boiler install?
so am i worried. I dont want him to do anything to my heating anymore. I know i should cut my losses but im very angry for the situation he has put me in because i know his family well but i dont want to involve them as its not their problem.
I will post some pics, what exactly do you need to see.

I'd like to see the boiler, the flue, the pipework to the boiler and the gas meter please if poss.

Attachments

• 20131107_181332.jpg
    20131107_181332.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20131107_181116.jpg
    20131107_181116.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20131107_181052.jpg
    20131107_181052.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20131107_181040.jpg
    20131107_181040.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 71
  • 20131107_181030.jpg
    20131107_181030.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 20131107_182806.jpg
    20131107_182806.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 74
The flue needs sealing inside and the pipework is extremely close to your electrics.
Is your gas meter next to the boiler cupboard? Where does the white waste pipe run to?

The flue needs sealing inside and the pipework is extremely close to your electrics.
Is your gas meter next to the boiler cupboard? Where does the white waste pipe run to?
The gas meter is in the cupboard next to the boiler and the white pipe goes into the sink waste.
I did ask if the boiler could leak as its so near the electrics and he said it shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock