Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You now know what your system should have and how it should be configured.

Tell the plumber that you need it done in accordance with the building regs.

If between then they wont, then report to Gas Safe, Building Control, and your local Citizens Advice Bureau, as they shouldn't be allowed to continue this bad practice.

Just dowload the document on this link TACMA launches its guide to the new 2010 Part L Regulations - BEAMA | News
print it out and show it to them....
document summary

Last edited:
You now know what your system should have and how it should be configured.

Tell the plumber that you need it done in accordance with the building regs.

If between then they wont, then report to Gas Safe, Building Control, and your local Citizens Advice Bureau, as they shouldn't be allowed to continue this bad practice.

Just dowload the document on this link TACMA launches its guide to the new 2010 Part L Regulations - BEAMA | News
print it out and show it to them....
document summary
He will charge me for the room stat because it wasnt in the quote, i just thought that i was getting everything that was needed. I rang the guy who connected the gas today and asked him why he had ticked the box that said boiler interlock provided, he said that its nothing to do with having a room stat and that it just means that you can turn the boiler off manually.

He will charge me for the room stat because it wasnt in the quote, i just thought that i was getting everything that was needed. I rang the guy who connected the gas today and asked him why he had ticked the box that said boiler interlock provided, he said that its nothing to do with having a room stat and that it just means that you can turn the boiler off manually.
He really knows his stuff then !!!!!!!!

I rang the guy who connected the gas today and asked him why he had ticked the box that said boiler interlock provided, he said that its nothing to do with having a room stat and that it just means that you can turn the boiler off manually.

That's a new one on me!

As I said before

Your benchmark will be filled out (hopefully) and there is a requirement to provide interlock. A room stat is the simplest and most common way of doing this. I would be questioning whether you have chosen the right installer for the job if they do not recognise this requirement regardless of personal opinion. If we could pick and choose what reg's to abide by then it would make the job a lot easier but ..... Unregulated?

No, the rads sound like they have got air in them, they are hissing but when i bleed them no air comes out. Its a very annoying noise.
If I was you I would concentrate on getting everything working first. I think you should ask the fitter to come back and look at the noise/air issue.

A simple explanation ?
Boiler interlock is not a physical device but an arrangement of the system controls (room thermostats, programmable room thermostats, cylinder thermostats, programmers and time switches) so as to ensure that the boiler does not fire when there is no demand for heat. In a system with a combi boiler it can be achieved by fitting a room thermostat.
In a system with a regular boiler it can be achieved by correct wiring interconnection of the room thermostat, cylinder thermostat, and motorised valve(s). It may also be achieved by more advanced controls, such as a boiler energy manager. TRVs alone are not sufficient for boiler interlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock