Discuss should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys but you havent really answered my question on the boiler interlock. When you GSE guys tick the box where it says boiler interlock provided what are you saying you have supplied or done.

Installed a stat and programmer or a programmable stat. Page 8 of the guide

An interlock is an arrangement of controls that stops the boiler firing when there is no demand for heat ie when the house has warmed up.
Std trv's only do not fulfill this requirement as they could all be shut off and the boiler will still operate heating water in a loop of pipe.
A room stat does because it shuts the boiler off until the room cools down.

WHen he has ticked that box he is saying that it has one and it is activated.

They danger here is that this person may be lying / being fraudulent. hence the links to the guides and building regs.

If he hasn't installed a room thermostat it is almost 100% certain that he hasn't actually done anything about the boiler interlock and just ticked the box.
In which case he is in breach of the building regulations.
He should also issue with a building regulations certificate. - Have you had one?

Have you got a room thermostat?
Have you got programmable trv's with a central controller? (or are they just 'twist the top' type)

Last edited:
WHen he has ticked that box he is saying that it has one and it is activated.

They danger here is that this person may be lying / being fraudulent. hence the links to the guides and building regs.

If he hasn't installed a room thermostat it is almost 100% certain that he hasn't actually done anything about the boiler interlock and just ticked the box.
In which case he is in breach of the building regulations.
He should also issue with a building regulations certificate. - Have you had one?

Have you got a room thermostat?
Have you got programmable trv's with a central controller? (or are they just 'twist the top' type)
They are just twist knob ones as far as i know. i dont have a room thermostat because the plumber said i didnt need but but his mate the GSE who connected me said i did but he still ticked the box knowing i didnt have one.The only paperwork he has left me is the commissioning check list.

So the boiler was installed by a non qualified engineer and signed off by another ? I would be calling gas safe!!

So the boiler was installed by a non qualified engineer and signed off by another ? I would be calling gas safe!!
Basically yes, the GSE did soldered the gas pipes and connect me but only because i told the plumber that he couldnt do it although he said he was competent. When i got his quote he told me that he got a GSE in to do the boiler but half way though the job he changed his mind.

I know ive done wrong so dont all have a go at me please, i dont have any backup so thats why im asking you guys for all the info because if i try and question my plumber he just makes me look a fool. The problem is ive known him and his entire family for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to should i have a room thermostat with my combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock