Search the forum,
  • Thread starter T & H Plumbing
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 123
  • head

Discuss scratching my head.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

Got a call about a rad not warming up so I went

Custard says they havnt had heating on for a while and when they turned it on the rad furthest away would not get hot so
I turned all TRV off in the house and waited still no heat, bled every rad water comes out, even emptied the system to clear any air locks still no good, now I'm worried and scratching my head, I start looking at the boiler and it's behavior wall status is calling for heat and the boiler fires up does its normal routine after 5 mins the boiler ignition light goes off and comes back on every so often, is this normal? I'm proper scratching my head on this one could it be the boiler pump broken?? Any ideas would be good I've done all the basics and it's not working grrrr

Pump gone and not circulating? Overheating because heats not getting pulled from boiler

When I got to the property rads were working apart from the too farest away and looking at the system the 2 rads are a fair distance, if pump had gone would some rads still work??

I've had it before where two furthest away radiators weren't heating up and I could stop the pump quite easily. New pump In and it worked perfectly. Although I did add 3 radiators on to the system around 9 months before

Can I change a pump with not being gas safe lol or does a GSE need to do it?

I'll take that as don't go near it loool
I was gunna log valient website and put part number in and just change it but if it's too technical ill stick to fitting bathrooms :)

Take the radiators off and open the valve into a bucket to see if you have any flow of water, if there's nothing then it's probably gunged up.
Is it microbore by any chance?

As above, check both valves flow. Don't forget boiler will need toping up. If the pump is I side the casing, no your not aloud to change the pump.

It's a combi Valient ecomax

It's coming up in 15mm

And yes the pump is incased

15mm should be ok usually. Still worth checking the pipework and radiator before boiler pump.

Thanks chappy ill do that first thing just a bit gutted I couldn't sort it today tried everything

If the pumps okay, You could also check that the Diverter is not bypassing to PHE when its on heating, effectively taking the ''ummmff'' out of the pump and not letting it get to the furthest rads.

Rad valves are always a good bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scratching my head.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock