Discuss Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a similar call from a foreign gentleman about a free magazine. Checked it out and it did appear to be genuine.

Problem was, magazine was distributed in the London area and I'm based near York. Hardly going to nip down to Hendon to change a tap washer! :lol:

I have had a contract with Combined Maintenance to look over i have been through this before so was just playing them along Guess what im on the shortlist again !!!!!!! what a bunch of jokers but will play them along i have paid someone to look into these and have some interesting facts and will post them next week when i get the info back from trading standards..... Always scottish people you speak to

all the ones mentioned have been at it for years back in 1992 foresters/fire service mags were flogging their wares to schools etc, trading standards have failed to stop them in all this time!!

Aye, I've had the foresters on, telling me I was no 1 OFTEC/RGII in my area. While I might suspect that 'tis doubtful others would agree :)

We were all conned by Corgi, who sold the brand name and the registration database (all the customer/appliance details we HAD to provide by law) to a company in Scotland called Green Installer ltd, the now operate as Corgi Homeplan and send letters to our customers offering maintenance plans, for this reason I havn't used anything Corgi, and stopped my registration with them, I tweeted, emailed, and telephoned, they just denied it all, Corgi Direct will tell you they are nothing to do with Corgi Homeplan, they are seperate companies but CD sold some of the rights to the brand.

Re: Citizens Advice warning on phoney job scams...

Just had a call from "Corgi" checking my details which they knew, rattling them off.

Started to go into his spiel, next, where I told him I didn't think he was with Corgi and terminated the call.

Turns out this number 0800108579 is used by Yell...... so just be warned.

Re: Citizens Advice warning on phoney job scams...

Just had a call from "Corgi" checking my details which they knew, rattling them off.

Started to go into his spiel, next, where I told him I didn't think he was with Corgi and terminated the call.

Turns out this number 0800108579 is used by Yell...... so just be warned.

Had this one yesterday, knew all my details then said we've got you down to do 4 new boilers a year, do you want more gas work ? .....no not really 4's to many a year for me thanks,,,,click,,brrrrr....

Another one for the list here
1st call plumbers based in London
www.1stcall-plumbers.co.uk

Did a job for them on good friday (nr Chichester so didn't travel very far)
Invoice sent by e-mail, promises of payment (usual bull about office staff missing my invoice)
No payment as yet, and not holding my breath:83:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had the obligatory email from a company trying to sell contract s for repair etc: Seems very similar to the ones a yea back that required a...
Replies
Views
P
Service Magic: DO NOT USE THEM Warning anyone out there thinking of using SERVICE MAGIC to get job referals should avoid them at all costs...
Replies
Views
D
Fancy a day out checking out the latest ideas for home building. The UK's BIGGEST self build show is at NEC ********* will be attending the...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock