Search the forum,

Discuss Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combined Maintenance AGAIN!

What we have to offer:

· A local domestic gas Contract within the M Postcode area, for a minimum of 12 months.
· Each rental property is legally required to have an annual Landlord Gas Safety Certificate.
· There will be set prices for specific general works, i.e. CP12 & Boiler Service.
· 30 days notice is given for all planned maintenance.
· 1 company will be selected. No sharing area or jobs with competitors.
· Payments made within 30 days from date of receiving invoice.

Oh and.............The retention deposit for the M postcode contract is £2100.00 + Vat.

I've had a message left on my answer machine from john Henderson at combined maintenance

obvioudly after reading this thread, I won't be calling him back

Kay-jay it`s better said EN CERVEZA HAY FELICIDAD- IN BEER THERE IS JOY, well that`s in spanish mate if it`s any help.

Had one of these jokers contact me a couple of weeks ago and played them along to get them to send some info and draft contracts so I could give something to Action Fraud. If people have time to do this and all forward these scam details to Action Fraud there's more chance of getting them shut down.

Thank you very much for your warnings regarding Combined Maintenance Services Ltd. I too today "won" a contract with these people for gas and plumbing CP12s and servicing within the SM postcode. I was requested to esign a contract which was previously signed by them and also to make a BACS or CHAPS payment of £2400 to be received by close of business today. This is prior to any work or any value of guaranteed work being established. The conversation I had was that I would be drip fed as not to flood my diary and over commit myself to my current work loads. If I have not had found this forum I probably would have gone ahead and signed the contract and paid the money. I am so grateful for your comments and warnings. Thank you for saving me £2,400 incl. VAT. Names mentioned are Ross Black, James, Phil and Jonathan are all names that are in the conference call which is very professional and sounds authentic and lasts around 45 mins. I am no mug but almost fell for this as at the end of it all when I was awarded the contract and asked how I felt about being awarded the contract I was jubilant. Since reading from this forum I am in no doubt that this too from Combined Maintenance Services Ltd is an utter scam. It did sound too good to be true but they are very convincing, they even have a twitter account!!
I take heed of all of what the forum have said and truly do believe that if anyone is unsure then these are these are the forums to look at. Thank you so much.

Glad you weren't mugged off.
Ps, I expect that your gratitude will extend to a donation towards the whip in 'The Plumbers Arms' ;)

I have had a recent call from a company FFFC which is a charity for cancer? I told them to send me some info about 2 weeks ago and I have had anything? Anyone know of this?

Just realised they are so if you get a call from them please do not agree

What happened to the post the man from combined maintenance services put up?

We had to remove it temporarily while the forum owner is making further enquiries.

Going on from here we need FIRM FACTUAL accounts of what you perceive to be scams and fraudsters.

Preferably backed up by correspondance.

All the facts I know are that I was emailed by this company offering work for a fee.

Combined Maintenance Services | Home | Combined Maintenance Ltd
Their website claims they have been trading for 7 years.....

COMBINED MAINTENANCE SERVICES LIMITED. Free and instant access to Director and Shareholder details. Credit Reports online instantly.

Mr. K C Mckerrow appears to have only incorporated his directorship in 31: 01: 2013

Company Formation of UK Limited Companies - A1 Company Services

Plus if you Google the head office address, there appear to be a lot of other companies horned in there....

Which is why I declined their kind offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

[h=4]Service & Maintenance Contractor Required[/h]
With our UK coverage and contacts in the property management sector, the CMS team are pleased to announce that they have an immediate requirement for a fully qualified gas engineers in the DH Postcodearea.

The selected candidate must have the availability to accommodate a rolling 12 month Contract, and be able to handle around 30 CP12’s per month, along with any resulting maintenance and installations.

With the freedom to book your own diary, along with no set deadlines to meet, the Contract is ideal for Self Employed contractors or small business looking for consistency over the next 12 months, along with a steady stream of income.

The Contract is on a rolling 12 month basis and legally guarantees to provide the chosen Contractor with at least 350 domestic rental properties to service and maintain. Additionally there will be a requirement for call outs, breakdowns, and any installation work needed.

A minimum of 1 years experience within the residential market is a must and we require the chosen Contractor to hold their own public liability cover up to the value of £2 million.

Contractors Retention Deposit:

Because the chosen Company is given a legal Contract that guarantees them the properties over the next 12 months, CMS need to ensure that the work will be managed and carried out correctly and to reduce the risk to our company and our Client’s reputation.

A one off retention deposit is secured within the contract over the next 12 months and is held until CMS and the chosen Engineer parts company.

Like any deposit, this can be refunded at any stage within the 12 month duration with a 30 day written notice period. No commission is taken from any work issued.

The retention deposit applicable to service the 350 properties on an annual basis and for you to have the sole rights within the area, to cover breakdowns and installations occurring in the properties is £1800+VAT.

What to do next:

Should this be of interest to you, I am available to discuss, and I would encourage you to contact me using the details below. Additionally, if you would like to declare a formal interest and feel that your company fits the criteria set by our Clients, you can log your details and forward using the following contact form

I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Kind Regards

Gary Clark

Mob: 07516 542 093
Tel: 0845 338 1839

gary@cms-uk-ltd.com
http://www.cms-uk-ltd.com

38 Queen Street
Glasgow

Just in today, same promises, same upfront charge.........

I wonder if they can hand out loads of work to their lucky contractors ?

Did the forum owner make any inquiries into the
probities of this company and what were the results?

If we turn this thread on it's head? Lets ask the question who has successfully received work from these types of companies and is happy with how their contract is working out. Anyone?:confused5:

Now I feel stupid...

Luckly I havn't paid any thing was seriously about too. I decided to some digging and found this forum.. I thank you all for helping me not lose 2000 pounds. I knew it was to good to be true but you cant help getting dragged in.

One stupid feeling gas engineer
Aidan

I see these nice honest helpful chaps who would like to take 2 grand off us in return for lots of gas services, have a mention on the letters page in The Gas Installer.

Been getting messages on my a/phone from corgi admin.Put this number in ya phones 01383 628944.

Not from corgi, they have a contract with you to do services at a set price and you invoice when done. No scam and they generally pay on time

I get a lot offering me jobs, they look good until you get to the money. Instead of a £ before the numbers they just put 1500 Pounds.

Listening to radio 4 today about a very similar going on with therapists via a website called commissioning.gp

On a smaller scale then what we're used to but the usual ££ for referrals. You've been specially selected in your area.

Thought I'd post it here 1 so people can take some comfort knowing it happens in all industry's and 2 because these guys seem to be getting a group together and going after their fraudsters. Perhaps one of the effected plumbers might care to try something similar

I had some guy ring me approx 2 months ago saying that he's putting together a leaflet that has all the bad tradesman/rogue traders on it and warns people not to use them. He then went on say that because I've got a good reputation he wants to encourage people to use me. He first told me this was free, but once he'd given me more information he slipped in that it was £250 for the year. I just hung up. A guy I know who owns a company renting out marquees and events equipment gets them all the time as well.

repair-PST-files

Good Afternoon,

UK Repair require a domestically qualified Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain an ongoing contract for a minimum of 380 domestic rental properties within the DH and surrounding Postcode area.

The chosen Engineer/Contractor will be required to look after a daily emergency call out service as well as taking care of the annual servicing for each property. We would prefer if all repairs and breakdowns are covered by the chosen Contractor, as well as any resulting installations after the original breakdown.

About Us:

UK Repair are a property maintenance supplier servicing and maintaining a large number of Clients within the UK. We currently look after well over 5,000 properties ranging from 1 bedroom flat’s to full blocks of flats.

We are delighted to be able to offer full property management and maintenance under the one roof and are able to cover every job required on both domestic and commercial properties. Regardless of the size of job, UK Repair can comfortably look after your needs no matter if it’s simply fixing a leaking tap or planning and installing a full new extension.

At present, we do not employ any Engineers directly. Our business is focussed on only working with the best local Contractors on a sub contract basis to ensure that we get the best of both worlds - full national coverage with the luxury of selecting from a bank of quality tradesman after a thorough vetting and selection process.

What can we offer you?:

• Guaranteed contract work within the DH and surrounding Postcode area, for a minimum of 12 months with the option to extend.

• Each rental property is legally required to have an annual Landlord Gas Safety Certificate carried out.

• Set prices for specific general works, i.e. CP12 & Boiler Service, daytime call outs will be negotiated and guaranteed before the start of the contract.

• 28 days’ notice will always be given for planned maintenance work.

• Only 1 company/contractor will be chosen. No competing for work.

• Payments will be made within 14 days from the date the invoices are received.

You must be:

Able to cover the full DH and surrounding Postcode area.

• Gas Safe registered.

Sounds like the Ladies Front- bottoms are back again..........

Pass it around.......,.

I get a lot offering me jobs, they look good until you get to the money. Instead of a £ before the numbers they just put 1500 Pounds.

That's usually PLUS the VAT.........

Is it worth alerting the Revenue and the VAT what these scammers are up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock