Discuss Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol no worries, prob me typing made you confused,,,,,, I never heard anything of it again...

VAT Registration Numbers
UK CORPORATE PORTAL 2013

Received a letter from GERMANY today and thought I'd put a warning on here.

Starts off telling you that due to the change to the EU economic package (?!) all companies are obligated to provide their Vat Number and this lovely company require you to return the enclosed form with your details - at no cost (ahem)
Turn to page 2 and you will find in the small print (!) that you will actually be charged £797 anually and this will apply for the next 3years plus a further year if not terminated in writing !!!!!!!

They don't ask for bank details at this stage but you are invoiced and hounded for the fees because you will have signed a "legally binding" document and......... "German Law applies"

Ignore it.

VAT Registration Numbers
UK CORPORATE PORTAL 2013

Received a letter from GERMANY today and thought I'd put a warning on here.

Starts off telling you that due to the change to the EU economic package (?!) all companies are obligated to provide their Vat Number and this lovely company require you to return the enclosed form with your details - at no cost (ahem)
Turn to page 2 and you will find in the small print (!) that you will actually be charged £797 anually and this will apply for the next 3years plus a further year if not terminated in writing !!!!!!!

They don't ask for bank details at this stage but you are invoiced and hounded for the fees because you will have signed a "legally binding" document and......... "German Law applies"

Ignore it.

got that one this morning just tore it up and didnt read page 2, thanks for that though..

Combined Maintenance Services require a Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain a 12 month contract for a minimum of 390 domestic rental properties within the “M” Postcode area.

This came through the other day - £2100 upfront.

I get at least 1 email a month from bogus companies offering 'contracts' to service multiple properties for their 'clients', having investigated some of them (who charge between £1750 - £2100 + vat), I have noticed most give Scottish addresses with London head office details, they usually have a website which looks authentic, where they show as fraudulent is through the addresses given (One was a Kebab house, which came up on google maps street view), they will often publish large companies details as 'their' clients, but if you ring the clients, they have often never heard of them and will chase the website owners down to remove the links.

If anyone feels that they are getting conned, please use the link to Trading Standards I've put up above as a sticky and report them.

Only by reporting them can we make the their business unprofitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had the obligatory email from a company trying to sell contract s for repair etc: Seems very similar to the ones a yea back that required a...
Replies
Views
P
Service Magic: DO NOT USE THEM Warning anyone out there thinking of using SERVICE MAGIC to get job referals should avoid them at all costs...
Replies
Views
D
Fancy a day out checking out the latest ideas for home building. The UK's BIGGEST self build show is at NEC ********* will be attending the...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock