Discuss Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've had at least 10 calls from these guys going back 5 years now maybe more. They usually have Scouse accents and have said they are from the metropolitan police, fire service and ambulance service. I knew it was a scam from the start because the police could never endorse a blooming plumber..lol. I would keep them on the phone for as long as possible and just wind them up, pretending I was a legit customer. Usually when I confront them they show their true colours-ones threatened to come where I live.

i contacted the police about it and they made me feel like an absolute **** for reporting it. They said there was nothing they could do. So these guys a free to rip people off-I know 2 who've fallen for it.

sad state of affairs

Mo

This Service Magic, is it a worldwide thing? Just that having googled 'Service Magic Scam' I find complaints from here, America and other places. Seems they're now called Home Advisor.

when i advertised in yellow pages a good few years back,i use to get numerous calls every week with bogus charities wanting to supply wall planners they wanted £375 of me to send out ten thousand of these to local businesses and nhs i said no but they sent out two wall planners with my business logo on it out of the yellow pages, i then phoned all the people advertised on the wall planner and they said they had been hounded too and paid out money,every time i phoned this charity called kind kids in need or something i always got the same woman on the phone from liverpool there was back ground noise ie office workers chatting and phones ringing but every time i phoned it was the same tape playing so all of us on the wall planner got together and threatened court action and they disappeared i also get the police ambulance and fire department looking for plumbers to do work for them i am supposed to be recomended lol just another scam. hang up on them dont be conned. one hair dresser i know had been paying out £300 odd quid year after year if she did not send money they hounded her on the phone it turned out she was getting sent 2 wall planners only and this charity kind did not send any out to the public what so ever so keep an eye out for these scams folks we soon got rid off them for the hairdresser she was just a young lass trying to go it alone and she thought she was advertising but was well conned .

Last edited:
Sounds like the latest shower of reptiles.....

Just had a message from a girl saying she was from "Corgi Admin" telling me to ring her back as I was being awarded a contract for 300 jobs this year.

The number was 01383628700, a Dunfermline number, at one time the business was Corgi Boiler Maintenance, so this is how they are getting away with claiming to be from Corgi.

The actual business went into recievership in 2009.

Be warned, pass it on to any other forums you use.

Sounds like the latest shower of reptiles.....

Just had a message from a girl saying she was from "Corgi Admin" telling me to ring her back as I was being awarded a contract for 300 jobs this year.

The number was 01383628700, a Dunfermline number, at one time the business was Corgi Boiler Maintenance, so this is how they are getting away with claiming to be from Corgi.

The actual business went into recievership in 2009.

Be warned, pass it on to any other forums you use.
Do the right thing and give Corgi a call. Nothing will get done if people just keep complaining in the forum.

Funnily enough I was contacted early last year, police,fire and ambulance service magazine, all sounded legit, guy wanted £15.00 up front so paid it (stuipd i know) then the magazine did arrive and was very very basic and full of spelling mistakes and errors. I spoke to the police and they had never heard of it (suprise suprise). I then got a call from a guy in liverpool who had heard the company had been taken to court and he was getting his money back after he paid it all!!!!

Me? I walked away £15 down the swanny but it could have been worse, now all i get is "I can get you on the first page of google".......it never ends!

Funnily enough I was contacted early last year, police,fire and ambulance service magazine, all sounded legit, guy wanted £15.00 up front so paid it (stuipd i know) then the magazine did arrive and was very very basic and full of spelling mistakes and errors. I spoke to the police and they had never heard of it (suprise suprise). I then got a call from a guy in liverpool who had heard the company had been taken to court and he was getting his money back after he paid it all!!!!

Me? I walked away £15 down the swanny but it could have been worse, now all i get is "I can get you on the first page of google".......it never ends!

What's the address in Liverpool?

I didn't have his address, he had also been scammed but had paid the full amount, where as I only paid a deposit.
I'm lost. The fella who took you £15 was also getting scammed?

Edit: Nevermind, read it again sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had the obligatory email from a company trying to sell contract s for repair etc: Seems very similar to the ones a yea back that required a...
Replies
Views
P
Service Magic: DO NOT USE THEM Warning anyone out there thinking of using SERVICE MAGIC to get job referals should avoid them at all costs...
Replies
Views
D
Fancy a day out checking out the latest ideas for home building. The UK's BIGGEST self build show is at NEC ********* will be attending the...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock