Search the forum,

Discuss Rothenberger Plumb Freeze Eco Pipe Freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

Well was not a happy chap yesterday.

so I bought the above item months ago from a member on here. Now the first time i went to use it it would not get below -15 so would need freeze a 15mm pipe but i thought must of been running water ( in a hotel)

My Saturday shift in middle of nowhere freeze 22mm that the stopcock and snapped shut could not find the toby outside not this was to allow the joiner to get on with this kitchen fit out, Set the machine up 15mins go by only down -5 30 mins later down to -8, hour later down to -12 . had to go to the merchants 40 mins away buy a freeze kit other 40 mins back the freeze machine was sitting at -16 not good. removed the freeze machine froze the pipe within 5 mins done changed over.

So why the hell is the machine doing this because it wasted time, fuel and my temper lol it has water in it and i used the rofrost paste. do these need serviced?

Really want to get this fixed i have a heat only change over tomorrow and was going to use the above to change over the boiler that will not be happening.

steven

Had one of them.....kept having to top the water up and it never worked when i needed it to. They are a pile of cr@p and rottenbugger should be ashamed of themselves for selling it.........its not fit for purpose end of!

Had one of them.....kept having to top the water up and it never worked when i needed it to. They are a pile of cr@p and rottenbugger should be ashamed of themselves for selling it.........its not fit for purpose end of!

Is that the one in the red case and +1 bet it doesn't have a big enough chiller if op is looking for a good one have a look at a Rems unit

toxic ted big gutted tbh waste of £200 odd notes and now what can i do with it.

thats the one i have bud

no no never bought it ted. it will come and bite me on the bum if i sell it on ebay. in a temper on saturday i kick the box over and the inserts went flying lost a 8mm insert

no no never bought it ted. it will come and bite me on the bum if i sell it on ebay. in a temper on saturday i kick the box over and the inserts went flying lost a 8mm insert

put it down to one of them life learning lesson (should of asked on here first, if anyone had any experience with it)

Yes mine was the one in the red case and it went in the skip.......i couldn't have sold it and still slept at night.

I have one of these, managed to freeze 28mm heating pipes in a hotel once, surprised me, not used it a lot recently, but froze an old girls heating to stop a leak last month, great bit of kit, cost £400 off flea bay IMG_0486.jpg

Heyup folks. Felt just a wee bit awkward when I read this thread and realised that I was the seller!! All I can say is that it worked when it was sold. Being ex-military I wouldn't sell anything that wasn't working properly without stating that. Even if it wasn't working and I wanted to con someone I definitely wouldn't have done it on this forum!

If it comes to having to do that to make £200 quids business has gone a bit crap hasn't it? It does struggle to do 22mm but I found what helped was to place towels round the freeze heads and then it got there pretty quickly. It's certainly not the best pipe freezer on the market but I am sure any buyer would have read the forum posts on here about it prior to making their decision. It does also need topped up with water and bled of air to run properly, an issue with this freezer I believe and one well documented on this forum.

Rothenberger states that the freezer must be used monthly otherwise seals etc will dry out. Obviously I have no idea whether or not this has happened in the 8 months since I sold it. I can only really comment on what was done with it when I owned it. I would hope that a refrigeration engineer would be able to get it working again properly.

We sold this unit as we wanted a freezer that would do 28mm and larger pipework and didn't need two freezers.

smtplumbing, like I PM'd, I am genuinely sorry for the predicament you are in but I don't think there's much I can do this long after selling it.

Keiran dont worry your self it will get sorted.

its going to get stripped down and get ti test buddie

steven

No worries. I was expecting a lynch mob from the forum to come and get me lol. Just didn't feel comfortable hiding away and not telling people it was me that sold it.

Ours got plenty of use between the 3 of us really, every couple of weeks at the most.

i did not name you as it got nothing to do with yourself. and its not a slating post

I know that mate, appreciate that. I wanted to name myself though as I felt bad!!

No hard feelings I hope.

Could always refund him

Biggest POS they ever put their name on

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine must be the only working one in the country. Been doing it's job with only the odd hiccup for over 5 yrs. Water only topped up once. Often not used for several months at a time .

Could always refund him

Biggest POS they ever put their name on

Would you refund someone 8 months after you had sold something second hand? I certainly don't think many would. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that tbh as I know it worked when it left me and nothing was said about it for all this time.

Next time I will sell stuff on EBay I think!

One damn useful tool...if i had one and it worked id never get rid..
Agree ebay is the best probably and then everybody has protection and comeback upto 90 days or so amd it gets rid of the old saying ' it was fine when it left here' i suppose.

We needed a bigger freezer that did 28mm and larger pipe and so purchased a Freezemaster 420d. There was no need for us to have two. I run a successful construction business, I have no need nor reason to rip people off selling them £200 tools that don't work. If I need to do that I will pack in and find something else to do.

Keiran.

Last edited:
lighten up

After all its 8 months and only 200 quid as you put it and the OP isnt gonna come looking for you lol

But im curious - what has being "ex military" got to do with anything, is that some sort of kite-mark for trust, like "trust me im a doctor" ?

Seems to work well for my customers but then we live in an ex-military area. People working in the military are subject to military law which requires a much higher standard of integrity and honesty than that required by civilian law. Unless you have been in the military though you probably won't be aware of this.

Obviously there are always bad eggs though!

If you work in an area with a high population of ex-military people (like Lincolnshire) it's huge selling point.

Last edited:
Aww never knew that.... so military law is a level above civilian law and ex military are likely to be more honest ??

Probably a bit like saying you're a christian if trying to win favour with another christian. Not much effect outside that pool but very effective within.

If someone told me they were ex-military when trying to convince me of their integrity it wouldn't do a lot. If they were trying to convince me of their time-keeping, efficiency etc it probably would.

If he was tring to persuade me he can make his bed so you can bounce a coin off it and a wears a haircut you can set your watch to, I'd be sold.

Only ex military bloke I've known was the most back-handed devious little thief I've ever met. But then again he was imprisoned and then dishonourably discharged so the system works!

Ive known a few. They never struck me as outstanding in any particular way. In fact a few joined from school - the sort that the only option for them was the army.

But as above some are good and some are bad like all walks of life - because they come from all walks of life.
But the assertion that because someone is ex military - they must be more honest is pretentious and frankly plain silly

never thought of that as a selling point im going to advertise as ex muslim

Have a funny feeling that will get you nowhere very quickly.

Muslims won't employ you because you denounced Islam.
Non Muslims won't employ you because you have announced that you have denounced Islam.

Apologies if you find my comments pretentious Phil. I don't think we are really hitting it off are we, sensing a wee bit of friction! I only say what I say based on my experience as an employer and from my time in the forces and out (I've spent a roughly equal amount of my working life in both). I'm certainly not saying it makes me better than you or anyone else. I can say with absolute certainty though that my lads who are ex-forces turn up on time and are not afraid of hard work. In general they are organised and have good attention to detail. I also find them to be very honest. I don't know about you but those are qualities that I value incredibly highly as a construction industry employer.

All I can say is that you don't last at all long in the military if you have no integrity. You will be booted out very quickly by your commanding officers.

Re military law vs. civilian law I am just saying it how it is. If you don't like that I'm sorry but it's certainly the case that military law demands a much higher standard of character and integrity than civilian law does. It's not uncommon for service people to be charged for a crime in the military where no equivalent civilian crime exists. A good example would be someone who is married commiting adultery. You will not be prosecuted for this in civilian life as it is not a criminal offence, although you may well be dragged through a civil court by your spouse for it. This is actually an offence in military law and people doing this are held in very low regard by their commanding officers. In particular where it damages operational effectiveness of the military people have certainly been sacked for it before. There are various offences in military law where someone not acting with integrity can be charged with no corresponding offence in civilian law. This is fact, it's not just my opinion.

There are of course exceptions to the rule, I'm not saying everyone who leaves the military is 100% honest and full of integrity, nor am I saying that everyone outside is a lying toe-rag. The military prison at Colchester is certainly proof of this. I am simply stating my experiences as an employer and having worked on both sides of the fence so to speak. All I am trying to say is that in an environment where you are relying on the person next to you to potentially save your life, there is no room for people with no integrity who you cannot trust.

I may be reading into your replies to much but am I detecting a bit of a dislike for military people in general? I'm assuming from your replies that you've never been in the forces, am I correct?

Ray, what do you think? I imagine you employ a fair few ex-military staff down your neck of the woods?

Last edited:
Ive arrested a few so I don't need a lecture regarding law and standards.
I have massive respect for soldiers. My in law lost both legs and part of his hand by an ied 2 or so years ago and is lucky now to be alive. aiming for the paralympics sailing team. (Steven palmer - reme)

I joined the police with 3, years ago.
2 were sound and 1 an unhinged idiot who was discharged after 5 month. A total unhinged idiot.

Many crimes commited in the military/by the military can be tried either way. There are no hard and fast rules on that and where needed they refer to CPS.
Naturally they need to be strict because of the type and nature of some candidates.
Is itnthe tails that wags the dog in that regard. I.e - they need these strict rules because of the average candidate
Not to stereo type but your average enterant wasnt cut out to be a doctor or solicitor or decision maker.
But your assumption that military or ex military are in someway more honest because of the position is a notion bordering on incredulous.

Ex forces in custody has never been higher accoring to official figures
How honest were they ?

once people become personally offended and start writing defensively all content gets lost among the posturing.

get loads of military round here and everyone i know just rolls their eyes when its mentioned

Shall we just agree to disagree Phil and shake hands on the matter? I'm sure neither of us wants to spoil the forum further with our personal disagreements.

I'm also sure that both of us have better things to do with our time than bicker between ourselves about this.

Im saddened you see it as bickering, merely challenging your comments re honesty and you view of honesty & ex armed forces and that in some way you are more honest.
I dont think others probably see it as bickering either, just a polite clash of view points, where others are free to contribute or avoid the thread...

TBH it Was an interesting conversation and a break from the norm, even if you disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger Plumb Freeze Eco Pipe Freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock