Discuss Rothenberger Plumb Freeze Eco Pipe Freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one of these, managed to freeze 28mm heating pipes in a hotel once, surprised me, not used it a lot recently, but froze an old girls heating to stop a leak last month, great bit of kit, cost £400 off flea bay IMG_0486.jpg

Heyup folks. Felt just a wee bit awkward when I read this thread and realised that I was the seller!! All I can say is that it worked when it was sold. Being ex-military I wouldn't sell anything that wasn't working properly without stating that. Even if it wasn't working and I wanted to con someone I definitely wouldn't have done it on this forum!

If it comes to having to do that to make £200 quids business has gone a bit crap hasn't it? It does struggle to do 22mm but I found what helped was to place towels round the freeze heads and then it got there pretty quickly. It's certainly not the best pipe freezer on the market but I am sure any buyer would have read the forum posts on here about it prior to making their decision. It does also need topped up with water and bled of air to run properly, an issue with this freezer I believe and one well documented on this forum.

Rothenberger states that the freezer must be used monthly otherwise seals etc will dry out. Obviously I have no idea whether or not this has happened in the 8 months since I sold it. I can only really comment on what was done with it when I owned it. I would hope that a refrigeration engineer would be able to get it working again properly.

We sold this unit as we wanted a freezer that would do 28mm and larger pipework and didn't need two freezers.

smtplumbing, like I PM'd, I am genuinely sorry for the predicament you are in but I don't think there's much I can do this long after selling it.

Keiran dont worry your self it will get sorted.

its going to get stripped down and get ti test buddie

steven

No worries. I was expecting a lynch mob from the forum to come and get me lol. Just didn't feel comfortable hiding away and not telling people it was me that sold it.

Ours got plenty of use between the 3 of us really, every couple of weeks at the most.

i did not name you as it got nothing to do with yourself. and its not a slating post

I know that mate, appreciate that. I wanted to name myself though as I felt bad!!

No hard feelings I hope.

Could always refund him

Biggest POS they ever put their name on

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine must be the only working one in the country. Been doing it's job with only the odd hiccup for over 5 yrs. Water only topped up once. Often not used for several months at a time .

Could always refund him

Biggest POS they ever put their name on

Would you refund someone 8 months after you had sold something second hand? I certainly don't think many would. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that tbh as I know it worked when it left me and nothing was said about it for all this time.

Next time I will sell stuff on EBay I think!

One damn useful tool...if i had one and it worked id never get rid..
Agree ebay is the best probably and then everybody has protection and comeback upto 90 days or so amd it gets rid of the old saying ' it was fine when it left here' i suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger Plumb Freeze Eco Pipe Freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Afternoon, I have a virtually new one of these for sale, they are now £2,060.00 new direct from Freeze Master or Broughtons. This used Freeze...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
I'm remodeling our master bath. We have two 30 inch vanities with a 24 inch open space between them. Drain pipes go down into the basement of...
Replies
Views
Back