Discuss Rothenberger Plumb Freeze Eco Pipe Freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

Well was not a happy chap yesterday.

so I bought the above item months ago from a member on here. Now the first time i went to use it it would not get below -15 so would need freeze a 15mm pipe but i thought must of been running water ( in a hotel)

My Saturday shift in middle of nowhere freeze 22mm that the stopcock and snapped shut could not find the toby outside not this was to allow the joiner to get on with this kitchen fit out, Set the machine up 15mins go by only down -5 30 mins later down to -8, hour later down to -12 . had to go to the merchants 40 mins away buy a freeze kit other 40 mins back the freeze machine was sitting at -16 not good. removed the freeze machine froze the pipe within 5 mins done changed over.

So why the hell is the machine doing this because it wasted time, fuel and my temper lol it has water in it and i used the rofrost paste. do these need serviced?

Really want to get this fixed i have a heat only change over tomorrow and was going to use the above to change over the boiler that will not be happening.

steven

Had one of them.....kept having to top the water up and it never worked when i needed it to. They are a pile of cr@p and rottenbugger should be ashamed of themselves for selling it.........its not fit for purpose end of!

Had one of them.....kept having to top the water up and it never worked when i needed it to. They are a pile of cr@p and rottenbugger should be ashamed of themselves for selling it.........its not fit for purpose end of!

Is that the one in the red case and +1 bet it doesn't have a big enough chiller if op is looking for a good one have a look at a Rems unit

toxic ted big gutted tbh waste of £200 odd notes and now what can i do with it.

thats the one i have bud

no no never bought it ted. it will come and bite me on the bum if i sell it on ebay. in a temper on saturday i kick the box over and the inserts went flying lost a 8mm insert

no no never bought it ted. it will come and bite me on the bum if i sell it on ebay. in a temper on saturday i kick the box over and the inserts went flying lost a 8mm insert

put it down to one of them life learning lesson (should of asked on here first, if anyone had any experience with it)

Yes mine was the one in the red case and it went in the skip.......i couldn't have sold it and still slept at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger Plumb Freeze Eco Pipe Freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock