Discuss Rothenberger Plumb Freeze Eco Pipe Freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed a bigger freezer that did 28mm and larger pipe and so purchased a Freezemaster 420d. There was no need for us to have two. I run a successful construction business, I have no need nor reason to rip people off selling them £200 tools that don't work. If I need to do that I will pack in and find something else to do.

Keiran.

Last edited:
lighten up

After all its 8 months and only 200 quid as you put it and the OP isnt gonna come looking for you lol

But im curious - what has being "ex military" got to do with anything, is that some sort of kite-mark for trust, like "trust me im a doctor" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to work well for my customers but then we live in an ex-military area. People working in the military are subject to military law which requires a much higher standard of integrity and honesty than that required by civilian law. Unless you have been in the military though you probably won't be aware of this.

Obviously there are always bad eggs though!

If you work in an area with a high population of ex-military people (like Lincolnshire) it's huge selling point.

Last edited:
Aww never knew that.... so military law is a level above civilian law and ex military are likely to be more honest ??

Probably a bit like saying you're a christian if trying to win favour with another christian. Not much effect outside that pool but very effective within.

If someone told me they were ex-military when trying to convince me of their integrity it wouldn't do a lot. If they were trying to convince me of their time-keeping, efficiency etc it probably would.

If he was tring to persuade me he can make his bed so you can bounce a coin off it and a wears a haircut you can set your watch to, I'd be sold.

Only ex military bloke I've known was the most back-handed devious little thief I've ever met. But then again he was imprisoned and then dishonourably discharged so the system works!

Ive known a few. They never struck me as outstanding in any particular way. In fact a few joined from school - the sort that the only option for them was the army.

But as above some are good and some are bad like all walks of life - because they come from all walks of life.
But the assertion that because someone is ex military - they must be more honest is pretentious and frankly plain silly

never thought of that as a selling point im going to advertise as ex muslim

Have a funny feeling that will get you nowhere very quickly.

Muslims won't employ you because you denounced Islam.
Non Muslims won't employ you because you have announced that you have denounced Islam.

Apologies if you find my comments pretentious Phil. I don't think we are really hitting it off are we, sensing a wee bit of friction! I only say what I say based on my experience as an employer and from my time in the forces and out (I've spent a roughly equal amount of my working life in both). I'm certainly not saying it makes me better than you or anyone else. I can say with absolute certainty though that my lads who are ex-forces turn up on time and are not afraid of hard work. In general they are organised and have good attention to detail. I also find them to be very honest. I don't know about you but those are qualities that I value incredibly highly as a construction industry employer.

All I can say is that you don't last at all long in the military if you have no integrity. You will be booted out very quickly by your commanding officers.

Re military law vs. civilian law I am just saying it how it is. If you don't like that I'm sorry but it's certainly the case that military law demands a much higher standard of character and integrity than civilian law does. It's not uncommon for service people to be charged for a crime in the military where no equivalent civilian crime exists. A good example would be someone who is married commiting adultery. You will not be prosecuted for this in civilian life as it is not a criminal offence, although you may well be dragged through a civil court by your spouse for it. This is actually an offence in military law and people doing this are held in very low regard by their commanding officers. In particular where it damages operational effectiveness of the military people have certainly been sacked for it before. There are various offences in military law where someone not acting with integrity can be charged with no corresponding offence in civilian law. This is fact, it's not just my opinion.

There are of course exceptions to the rule, I'm not saying everyone who leaves the military is 100% honest and full of integrity, nor am I saying that everyone outside is a lying toe-rag. The military prison at Colchester is certainly proof of this. I am simply stating my experiences as an employer and having worked on both sides of the fence so to speak. All I am trying to say is that in an environment where you are relying on the person next to you to potentially save your life, there is no room for people with no integrity who you cannot trust.

I may be reading into your replies to much but am I detecting a bit of a dislike for military people in general? I'm assuming from your replies that you've never been in the forces, am I correct?

Ray, what do you think? I imagine you employ a fair few ex-military staff down your neck of the woods?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger Plumb Freeze Eco Pipe Freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock