Discuss Recommended cordless kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine said to me very recently he couldn't live without an impact driver, he uses it to neatly cut holes in work tops below boilers with a spade bit he was saying. I couldn't really understand why it would differ from a decent combi drill for this purpose?

I could see it being useful for drilling joists for pipe because it's physically smaller. Anyone use an impact for these purposes?

Goz, glad you mentioned the 10.8v impact, I was debating buying it alongside my 10.8v bosch drill driver but if it's gutless there's no point.
Yes I use my 18V makita impact for drilling joists when space is tight. I use the self driving helix bits that have rhe screw thread on the end the impact driver just powers through joists but it makes a lot of noise.

Ive got a combination of worx. Dewalt and hitachi.
Hitachi is good stuff. 36v sds hammer will knock a house down.
Worx tools are good but batteries are not as good as I hoped.
Dewalt im real pleased with, 4ah batteries are excellent

I own a dewalt 240v 3.4kg sds , brilliant piece of kit! light enough and the carry case is extremely small and compact, I also have a dewalt 10.8v impact & drill kit , also fantastic, drill good for drilling tiles and floorboards for pipes etc, I have bought a torch body for these batteries and it is extremely powerful. I have an 18v hitachi drill and circular saw . overall the kit I have is brilliant for the work I do, I have been buying them one at a time, the next purchase will be a core drill, but everything from now on will be dewalt. very impressed with them.

Dont even get me started on my dewalt core drill.

I was thinking of going into oil exploration lol :)

Ive the makita 8406c great machine , and last year i bought a makita 36v cordless hammer drill for boring all my pilot holes ,outside tap holes , basically anything up to 25mm and saves hassles with cables etc, but my main tool ( first on the job and last thing off the job ) is my makita bmr104 lol

Dont even get me started on my dewalt core drill.

I was thinking of going into oil exploration lol :)

Which one was that?

How heavy is the 36v hitachi? I was looking at that but might just go for the 25.2v (or whatever it is) as when I had one before it did everything I needed and I don't think I ever ran out of battery.

but my main tool ( first on the job and last thing off the job ) is my makita bmr104 lol

I bought one the other day I had it in my office whilst doing paper work I love it already. Lol.

Which one was that?

How heavy is the 36v hitachi? I was looking at that but might just go for the 25.2v (or whatever it is) as when I had one before it did everything I needed and I don't think I ever ran out of battery.

Ill get the model number when I get in and weight the hitachi.
Batteries are lion so light.
Dewalt has a proper oil bath 3 manual speed gearbox and can core wet or dry

Edit d21583k

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommended cordless kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, looking for a bit of advice from people who have these brands or these particular sets. I am torn between either the ; MAKITA DLX2145TJ...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The PlumbersForums.net official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread. This isn't something we've...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/makita-dhp456smij-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-lxt-cordless-combi-drill/6948h I can't afford not to buy it.
Replies
Views
H
Hello, I'm just completing on a bungalow that needs everything doing to it, full replumb, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, underfloor heating, loft...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock