Search the forum,

Discuss Can't decide which drill set to purchase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I could never be arsed plus I have a cheap tool aversion but I knew a few tradesman who'd quite happily buy Lidl/Aldi gear and were happy to take'em back when they died within the warranty period and so the cycle of renewel continued. Considering the high risk of theft nowadays it isn't a bad idea but it does I feel perhaps mistakenly reflect on your professionalism? Has anybody actually run one of their (Aldi/Lidl) tools under heavy duty trade use for over three years, I'd like to know to know whether my scepticism or distrust is warranted?

I used to buy Bosch multitools - guaranteed 3 years at over £200 a time. Had a few fail & never once did they honour the warranty. Decided s0d it and bought lidl/aldi. Two machines & 5 yrs later not one failure but £35 each.

Tool snobbery is only in the eyes of trades Customers dont give a flying fig.

Just to let people know.

I have now owned the Makita set I listed in my OP sicne that week.
Outstanding set and would highly recommend.
Still on my first charge of the batteries !!!!

Personally I’m not a big fan of impact drivers. I own a few but they don’t come out of the top box very often. If you plan to be sinking 4-6” screws they’re a god send but I’d look at buying a drill drive and cordless SDS. Various makes sell a naked 18vSDS for £130ish.

Makita certainly make tools with the best bang for your buck but from experience I’ve found Metabo Male the longest living drills and they’re not much more.

Reply to Can't decide which drill set to purchase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock