Discuss Pump hoses can be bent? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A reputable plumber will read the MI’s before installing a product. Different manufacturers require different things to work properly and not to void any warranty. Yes the plumber should have read the paperwork.
Thank you!
Unfortunately he did not. And when I asked him to rectify it he is asking me to pay for it....

He’s your typical bloke. Refuses to read instructions and thinks they know best.
The hoses are not installed correctly. Not only will they cause a restriction in flow but they will also likely cause the pump to vibrate. The copper pipe that the hoses connect to are not clipped or secured properly either. This will likely cause even more vibration.
Explain this to the installer and give him a chance to rectify at no additional cost. If he refuses to then you will have to hire someone else to make right and bill the original installer for the money paid to rectify it.

He’s your typical bloke. Refuses to read instructions and thinks they know best.
The hoses are not installed correctly. Not only will they cause a restriction in flow but they will also likely cause the pump to vibrate. The copper pipe that the hoses connect to are not clipped or secured properly either. This will likely cause even more vibration.
Explain this to the installer and give him a chance to rectify at no additional cost. If he refuses to then you will have to hire someone else to make right and bill the original installer for the money paid to rectify it.
Thank you again! You are talking in the reasonable way!
But he is even asking money for rectifying the mistake, he would not accept the bill that I find someone else for sure!

As Chuck has pointed out above he will have no choice if approached properly and politely.
He’s carried out work that is not to an acceptable standard or compliant for the manufacturers warranty. You have to give him a chance to come back and make right. If he refuses to then take the legal route.
Looking at the quality of the install and the fact that he says it’s fine I highly doubt he gets much work and if faced with the possibility of a court case he might sort his act out.
We all make mistakes, I made a lot at college when starting out but he has to be given a reasonable chance. This is now more of a legal matter rather than a plumbing one and I’m not familiar with small claims etc thankfully.

As Chuck has pointed out above he will have no choice if approached properly and politely.
He’s carried out work that is not to an acceptable standard or compliant for the manufacturers warranty. You have to give him a chance to come back and make right. If he refuses to then take the legal route.
Looking at the quality of the install and the fact that he says it’s fine I highly doubt he gets much work and if faced with the possibility of a court case he might sort his act out.
We all make mistakes, I made a lot at college when starting out but he has to be given a reasonable chance. This is now more of a legal matter rather than a plumbing one and I’m not familiar with small claims etc thankfully.
I did give him a chance by asking him to rectify the mistake, but he said the manufactory lied because they don't want to do warranty....
And he insists on extra money to go back to put those hoses straight up.

This kind of people being polite to them is not useful as they don't care right or wrong, what they care is money only.

I did give him a chance by asking him to rectify the mistake, but he said the manufactory lied because they don't want to do warranty....
And he insists on extra money to go back to put those hoses straight up.

This kind of people being polite to them is not useful as they don't care right or wrong, what they care is money only.

Put it in writing with a copy of the manufacturers installation instructions. Just state you are formally giving him chance to correct his work prior to employing a third party to correct the works and will then pursue through the relevant channels for recovery of costs to rectify and costs involved in pursuing the money.

Put it in writing with a copy of the manufacturers installation instructions. Just state you are formally giving him chance to correct his work prior to employing a third party to correct the works and will then pursue through the relevant channels for recovery of costs to rectify and costs involved in pursuing the money.
Thanks Simon!
If he insists on money to go back, then I will have to find someone else.
But to purse the money that I have to pay someone to rectify the work, can I claim his insurance? Or I will have to go to court?
Will claiming the insurance be easier?

can I claim his insurance? Or I will have to go to court?
Will claiming the insurance be easier?
No, you can't claim on his insurance. Your contract is with the plumber. He gets to choose whether to pass your claim on to his insurers or deal with it himself.

If you win a small claims court action you get your costs back.

Some household insurance policies include legal advice and cover for legal costs. Check your policy.

Reply to Pump hoses can be bent? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I believe that some time ago I may have replaced the Shower Pump that stopped working after approximately 3 to 5 years or more with...
Replies
Views
I have just had a Salamander CT60BU negative head shower pump reinstalled after the previous same pump failed. The old pump initially after...
Replies
Views
Please Read Full Description/ I Am Manchester Based Plumbing And Heating Fittings/Materials/Consumables 1000's £££££££ Various Items(See List...
Replies
Views
Hi, Since having some house renovations 2 years ago, which included adding two extra rads, replacing others and re-plumbing the boiler , I have...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Our RSP-75 Salamander shower pump sprang a leak from the cold side end cap 3 months after installation and their technical support said it was...
Replies
Views
DrZepster
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock