Discuss price for 2 second fix bathrooms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomplumb

i have 2 bathrooms to do but they have already been first fixed. all pipes are flex and all materials are on site

any ideas what to charge labour only?

can't price without see the job.
how do you useally price your bathrooms? if your not sure price it on a day rate + materials + your mark up.

I have the same problem, I took out and installed like for like: -

*1400mm Acrylic Corner Bath (including one hole mixer and cable driven waste)

*1000mm Corner Shower (including tray, waster, valve, fixed arm and head, extra hand shower and hose including small pipework alteration)

*600mm Basin (including single lever basin mixer, waste, semi ped and chased out wall to hide pipes for new wall hung look)

*Concealed Cistern Back to Wall WC

*Monsoon 2.5 bar Pump (a new addition obviously)

And swapped out taps in two other rooms.

This is my first Private Job (as a favour to a friend who is a builder) as I normally do pricework on site which is a lot different in costing. I had a look elsewhere at other's prices and £800 seemed to be the lowest I should go in at????

I took £300 before i started and now they want to know how much more they owe? I don't know what to say, i want to do it cheaper than a normal plumber as it's a favour, but what would a plumber normally charge, is £1000 the norm for this amount of work? All top end designer goods too.

i have 2 bathrooms to do but they have already been first fixed. all pipes are flex and all materials are on site

any ideas what to charge labour only?

£200 per bathroom + parts if needed

I have the same problem, I took out and installed like for like: -

*1400mm Acrylic Corner Bath (including one hole mixer and cable driven waste)

*1000mm Corner Shower (including tray, waster, valve, fixed arm and head, extra hand shower and hose including small pipework alteration)

*600mm Basin (including single lever basin mixer, waste, semi ped and chased out wall to hide pipes for new wall hung look)

*Concealed Cistern Back to Wall WC

*Monsoon 2.5 bar Pump (a new addition obviously)

And swapped out taps in two other rooms.

This is my first Private Job (as a favour to a friend who is a builder) as I normally do pricework on site which is a lot different in costing. I had a look elsewhere at other's prices and £800 seemed to be the lowest I should go in at????

I took £300 before i started and now they want to know how much more they owe? I don't know what to say, i want to do it cheaper than a normal plumber as it's a favour, but what would a plumber normally charge, is £1000 the norm for this amount of work? All top end designer goods too.

£600 as a favour or £800/1000 to joe blogs (note without seeing the job this is just an estimate , you should have an idea how long it will take and what you need to do (you are the only one who can set the price for your own work) every one has there own prices there is never a fixed price

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking 200 per bathroom but theres promise of more work so i think im gonna do it for 150 per .

been only second fix it will only take me the day maybe day n half.

Thanks uug!

your quite happy to work for a day 1/2 for £120 at £10 hour.

you'll be better collecting trolleys for asda.

450 pounds straight swap my price

oops 450 per bathroom suite

Last edited by a moderator:
£600 as a favour or £800/1000 to joe blogs (note without seeing the job this is just an estimate , you should have an idea how long it will take and what you need to do (you are the only one who can set the price for your own work) every one has there own prices there is never a fixed price

Thanks for the help :)

i was thinking 200 per bathroom but theres promise of more work so i think im gonna do it for 150 per .

been only second fix it will only take me the day maybe day n half.

Thanks uug!

I would still charge £200 per bathroom You will find a lot of customers use the carrot and stick to get a cheaper price unless you have had 2 or 3 jobs from them don't reduce your price just because THERE MAY BE more work, if you do a good job they will call you back for other work

Hi. Tom it sounds cheap to me. Why ain't the 1st fixer finishing it? Let the paymaster know that any problems with the 1st fix installation is an extra.

I have often been promised extra work but never extra money. Funny that can't understand it. Good Luck

dunno about the guy who first fixed it like, but i have said any problems with that is extra . thanks for the help !

I would be looking for at least £200 per bathroom as they always take longer and you will still have to use some of your own screws/sealant/etc, I always use loads of pieces of wood to make it stronger and to attach side panels etc.
You can always state that if it goes well then you might revise the price down a bit but if you quote £300 for the whole job and you are still there 4 days later then you are selling yourself cheap.

One of my biggest problems is under quoting in case of more work or recommends so I know where you are coming from but you still have to eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to price for 2 second fix bathrooms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hi Guys I have never done any work for builders only peoples houses when there living there I have been asked to price a job for a builder and...
Replies
Views
so-solar
S
N
Require new bathroom and toilet installing with full tiling also. Measurements for the bathroom are as follows: BATHROOM 1700 - 1700 2.4high...
Replies
Views
nirmal1982
N
Location - provincial town in West Midlands. We received this quotation after a personal visit by the proprietor of a local family business that...
Replies
Views
B
Recently moved new flat (end August), on second floor, 70s block with low water pressure (10 storey). 2 bathrooms (back to back). Warned by agent...
Replies
Views
T
Gents, What would you quote on this job? En-suite bathroom refurb, fairly small room 2m x 2m, Strip out entire room including Shower enclosure...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock