Search the forum,

Discuss Premier leagues get 5.14 billion quid tv right right or wrong in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Now personally i wouldn't have a problem if we had a respectable England team on the international stage. But the fact that we are mediocre at best shows the money is being wasted.

Now personally i wouldn't have a problem if we had a respectable England team on the international stage. But the fact that we are mediocre at best shows the money is being wasted.

No it doesn't. It shows that the money is not being applied to producing a strong England team. Its being spent on buying in non-English players. Because the needs of the club system are not aligned with those of the national team.

I do think your right Ray. But from my personal point of view i think the money is being wasted because if you have all that money. surely you could have invested in some decent enough grass roots infrastrucure to get a team capable of winning the world cup and not only that world class english or british players
,i dont care which of the 4 nations they come from as long as they are playing in the premier league.

It so short sighted to just buy foreign players for the upcoming season due to the win at all costs or survive at all costs, but if they invested properly in developing grass roots players we could over a length of time produce home grown talent at a fraction of what they paying now.
I was listening to radio 5 today which is where i heard this. There was a survey by the independent football trust and only 5% of what would termed grass roots foootball clubs/pitched were deemed upto standard.

The premier league was founded 1992 so to me its just unforgivable that they care more about money than football. Its not about the beautiful game anymore its all about the wonga.

although to be fair if Oldham were top of the Premier league owned by a rich oligarch or sheik i wouldnt be writing this :0) thats how fickle we supporters are.

The big earners in football are the agents, people forget they are there..

Whats the premiere league got to do with england lol....

95% are johnny foreigners :p

I do always chuckle at the scottish league to be fair.
Its so small with maybe 2 decent teams that are above sunday league level ;)
Whats the Tv right revenue for that ???

And tomorrow everybody in tbe country should cancel their sky sports subscription and watch sky poop themselves.

I just wish we could start again, and players who represented their club would have to be born and bred in that clubs catchment area.
When my Grandfather died, all but two of Celtics European cup winning side attended his funeral, as he used to do most of their gardens when he retired from the pit.
Wouldn't happen now.

Last edited:
Money is getting silly, but IMO the money needs to be spent on the Grassroots! Apparently England should be challenging for World Cup on next stage - not a chance that will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Premier leagues get 5.14 billion quid tv right right or wrong in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock