Discuss New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all new member here.

In the process of buying a three-storey Victorian terraced house in wolverhampton.

Currently the property is divided into four flats which i will be converting back into a single property.

Currently flat has an electric immersion heater for hot water and electric storage heaters on the walls.

We will be putting in a central heating system but unsure what type or what vendors to go for this type of property.

We have not decided 100% how many Bathrooms\Showers to have (between two and four) and whether to have.

I have not completely decided on the internal layout when we convert back into a single dwelling, however, an identical property on this terrace has four bedrooms (we plan to squeeze out a Fifth bedroom\small guest room on the first or second floor that will be pretty tiny).

The room sizes are:

Ground floor
Living Room 1 17'6'' ( 5.33m ) x 13' ( 3.96m ) front bay
Living Room 2 15'6'' ( 4.72m ) x 17'9'' ( 5.41m ) rear bay
Rear kitchen extension 38'5'' ( 8.66m ) x 10'5'' ( 3.17m )

First floor
Study 7'7'' ( 2.31m ) x 5'9''
Bedroom 1 17'11'' ( 5.46m ) x 13' ( 3.96m ) front bay
Bedroom 2 13'3'' ( 4.03m ) x 16'7'' ( 5.05m )
Bathroom

Second Floor
Bedroom 3 13'4'' ( 4.06m ) x 17'11'' ( 5.46m )
Bedroom 4 14' ( 4.26m ) x 13'1'' ( 3.98m )
Bathroom

The ground and first floor are high ceillings, whilst the second floor has lower ceilings.

What i need advice on is:

What type of heating\Hot water system required
How many rads required and what sizes
Approx budget as i will need for the hot water, rads as well as piping.

All help appreciated.

If you want it that thick then have radiators, sod all point of having ufh.

if you're having them for sound proofing then invest in floor stuff.

I have seen lots and lots of the solid wall insulation jobs at a standstill due to running out of money.

By all means apply for green steal. But don't pay upfront for anything as they will just take you for a ride.

I have a three story Victorian house, I bought seconds of celotex from eBay. I bought 2 lorry loads at £1000 a pop. Something like a million sheets of 100mm.

I dry lined whole house with a ventilated gap behind insulation of 50mm. All foil walls , 99% air tight as all the studs and foil sheets were covered with foil tape.

Celotex in ceilings again 100% vapour barrier and the ground floor I removed the concrete and excavated 350mm and then built a suspended timber floor with 100mm celotex between them and then out wet ufh on top of it.

My loft has a lot of insulation too. It's a warm roof.

I don't think your builder or the green deal will take as much care with insulation.

Your heating system?

Defo ufh ground and bathrooms

Rads on zones above ff.

Unvented.

Don't think ashp is what u really need when on a budget. Solar thermal for your DHW.

Use a decent unvented ACV SL or similar. Pipe your house so that a everything comes back to a "low Loss headder"

Have two spare ports so that an alternative heat unit can be added into system at a later date but for now just hook up a gas boiler / if you can't afford the whole Hogg

Oversize your rads by the same amount say factor of 2 .

I would make the system as versatile as possible .

Get Worcester round to have a look he's the main man

Ermi where you get the seconds insulation at that price I need a lot of it

eBay. It's the one in Wales . His name is rob, call up negotiate and your away. Weekly drops to the north easy. Bought mine 6 years ago! He will bond it to plasterboard even double thickness.

A&A insulation 01443 209585

Or the main man
Robbie 07717805726

I didn't give anyone his number and it's a need to know basis.

A decent system boiler and an unvented hot water cylinder sited in the middle of the property landing somewhere as Killy Bing stated
But the opinions for prices I've non of any ideas

Try these as well: Insulation Boards

Just spent the day at Stiebel Eltron, they have a nice range of fan assisted rads for heat pumps, not quite as stylish as the Dimplex ones though a good solid brand, with much better support and backup.

Designing for a heat pump, at a flow temp of 40° the rads need to be 4.3 times bigger than with a delta T of 50° ! So fan assisted definitely helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back