Discuss New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want it that thick then have radiators, sod all point of having ufh.

if you're having them for sound proofing then invest in floor stuff.

I have seen lots and lots of the solid wall insulation jobs at a standstill due to running out of money.

By all means apply for green steal. But don't pay upfront for anything as they will just take you for a ride.

I have a three story Victorian house, I bought seconds of celotex from eBay. I bought 2 lorry loads at £1000 a pop. Something like a million sheets of 100mm.

I dry lined whole house with a ventilated gap behind insulation of 50mm. All foil walls , 99% air tight as all the studs and foil sheets were covered with foil tape.

Celotex in ceilings again 100% vapour barrier and the ground floor I removed the concrete and excavated 350mm and then built a suspended timber floor with 100mm celotex between them and then out wet ufh on top of it.

My loft has a lot of insulation too. It's a warm roof.

I don't think your builder or the green deal will take as much care with insulation.

Your heating system?

Defo ufh ground and bathrooms

Rads on zones above ff.

Unvented.

Don't think ashp is what u really need when on a budget. Solar thermal for your DHW.

Use a decent unvented ACV SL or similar. Pipe your house so that a everything comes back to a "low Loss headder"

Have two spare ports so that an alternative heat unit can be added into system at a later date but for now just hook up a gas boiler / if you can't afford the whole Hogg

Oversize your rads by the same amount say factor of 2 .

I would make the system as versatile as possible .

Get Worcester round to have a look he's the main man

Ermi where you get the seconds insulation at that price I need a lot of it

eBay. It's the one in Wales . His name is rob, call up negotiate and your away. Weekly drops to the north easy. Bought mine 6 years ago! He will bond it to plasterboard even double thickness.

A&A insulation 01443 209585

Or the main man
Robbie 07717805726

I didn't give anyone his number and it's a need to know basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock